2. Puberty/teens
3 20's
4. 30's
5. 40's or later

Replies

• Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    For me, I would have to say puberty/teens leading to 20s.

I was always a little bigger than others my age, but not by much. I thought I was HUGE in high school, but I was under 150.
    By the time I was in my early 20s, I had settled at about 250.
  • rissaloses
    rissaloses Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was heavy as a kid, but it wasn't until I hit puberty that the weight really started coming on.
  • tabarilla
    tabarilla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight since I was 9 years old. I started gaining weight as I started to spend more time inside the house instead of outside...the same can be said for today.
  • HappyNewSarah
    Options
    I yoyo'ed. I was skinny as a tot then gained as a preteen then skinny as a teen then gained into my 20s.
  • imvossey09
    Options
    Pretty much since early gradeschool years
  • msjanetcole
    msjanetcole Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'11' as a teen, I was between 125-145. Not until my first child at age 20 did I start gaining weight. Began when I was pregnant with her.
  • Bechard05
    Bechard05 Posts: 231
    Options
    I have been bigger since grade school
  • mairinosteen
    mairinosteen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd say since 3rd or 4th grade. It's not like I kept track of my weight in elementary school, but based on pics that is around the age when I started being overweight.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My mum has a portrait taken when I was 2. I have 3 chins. In 11th grade I had to have my uniform custom made. I would say that right now is the lightest I have been since probably my late teens.
  • _Heth_
    _Heth_ Posts: 4
    Options
    3. In my 20's. I'd always been a bit curvy in my teens & early 20's, but then for some (unknown) reason I just piled on the weight in my mid-20's, and haven't been able to shift it since (until this year, I vow)
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was a little heavier as a teenager, but really stacked the weight on when I became pregnant with my first child in my 20s. I've never been able to lose that weight and since then it has just kept creeping higher and higher.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was from about 3rd grade until 10th when I met a boy and didn't care about food anymore. Then I started gaining it all back after I got married. It really wasn't until we had our first child did it really start coming on. she had severe disabilities so i stopped working to care for her. add all that stress, alone at home all day and all the greasy hospital food and well you have lots of extra weight. Food quickly became my go to for comfort or boredom. I've been overweight all of my adult life. :(
  • drjw70
    drjw70 Posts: 6
    Options
    In high school I was around a size 16 to 18 and was happy with myself....It wasn't till I had my kids that my weight took off to the unknown.....and that was 20 yrs ago.....
  • mjhuddleson
    mjhuddleson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have always been a bigger girl. I was teased endlessly in elementary school for it, although looking back at pics, I wasn't as big as I felt. I was a size 22/24 when I graduated High School. The weight just kept creeping up and hit an all time high after my divorce and before surgery. I am still struggling though and very discouraged right now.
  • gregevelyn
    gregevelyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was chunky as a young kid - lost weight when I reached High School. Graduated at 130. Gained weight when pregnant and I have yoyo'd every since then. But I truly feel in control now. I've got this! 60 down and 40 to go.
  • jdawn120191
    Options
    I was always 130/140 until after I had my son @ 17.. then I started gaining all the way up to 233 3 years later.
  • canraccox
    canraccox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    After having my first child at 25, I weighed 128 and was a size 8. (I thought I was so fat! crazy!)
    At 26 child 2 put me at 168, At 27 child 3 put me at 170 and at 29 child 4 put me at 190. Then I've been up and down since then. Now my doc tells me I should forget about losing weight now as I'm perimenopausal. LOL Whatever! I'll show her!
  • TisMissyKIA
    TisMissyKIA Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Puberty, but that coincided with some other things that were going on in my life; I subconsciously ate with the intention of gaining weight to make myself less attractive. At least that what years of counseling has established. The habits settled in and I became comfortable with my weight - more or less. I had a setback after losing a significant amount of weight (won't get into the details, it's all dealing with the crap from my past). I dealt with much of the past issues and did well in getting to a "normal" size, but then the menopause hit along with a handful of nifty ailments, some undiagnosed depression and wham, bam, thank you ma'am; the weight came along for the ride.
  • fives83
    Options
    Prepuberty for me. i started gaining weight when i was 10. I played sport 3 days a week and ate healthy.. 6 years later they figured out was my htyroid but by then it was too late i was already obese.
  • lissavlog
    Options
    i started to become overweight when i was going into 9th grade. i was a healthy my 2nd year of college. from 2002 through 2006. nearly 4 years i maintained a healthy weight around 165 pounds. 2007 through 2010 i gained all the weight i lost, plus some.