Rebooting

Options
I started Dukan last year in June, went very well and I lost almost 20 lbs. I am reading a lot about nutritrion, about Paleo, Gary Taubes books, etc. I experimented by going on Protein/Veggied days but adding fat instead of excluding it.
I did this for one whole month, and did not gain weight...although I didn't lose any weight either.
After reading "Why We Get Fat" and realising that fat is a) necessary and b) only makes you fat in excess, I am planning on going Primal once I am done with the diet. Due to holidays, birthdays and whatnot I slacked in the diet and never finished the Cruise Phase. I had pure protein days here and there, but admit that I was not strict in dieting although I am happy to say that I did not pig out either or overdo.

Today is day 1 of my reboot, I know better this time and came prepared: 1 thermos can of green tea for my liquids, egg rolls with ham for breakfast and trout filets for lunch.

I actually started the reboot yesterday but had some wine for dinner and some of the Patatas Bravas which I made. Ahem. So officially, it's starting today.

Just wondering: did anyone else have difficulty sleeping when starting Dukan?
The same thing happened to me the first time I started. I was wondering if it has something to do with being in ketosis?

Replies

• Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i started on the 1st and ive actually been more tired and found its really hard sticking with just protein all day every day im a mom of 3 girls and two of them are in school now so theres snacks everywhere in the house i found my biggest weakness is the sweedish fish i havest lost any weight yet in the 3 days and im supposed to be on the phase for 7 days friend requests and tips would be great
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Yes, had a few nights where sleep was hard but mainly because I wasn't exercising enough.. and my weight tended to fall off in chunks.. like no weight loss for 8 days, then 2-3 pounds would fall off. Stick with it!
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to wish everyone luck on their reboot! I have just started Dukan and have high hopes for finally being successful. Like someone else mentioned, I, too, plan to go to Primal once I complete the Dukan program. I had good luck on Primal last year but then the Holidays(2011) hit and I abandoned the program. After a year of faffing about, I am finally getting serious once again.

I welcome all support & friend requests!

Lori