Completely new to dukan

Options
Hi everyone, so glad there is a group here about Dukan. I have the book and me and my son started the Attack stage yesterday. I have 30lbs to lose and my son has around 50lbs to lose.
I would love to hear from any of you with your experiences of this, good or bad.

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    My one year anniversary is on dec 31st..l went thru all for phasses and lost 45 pounds...i just find the cruise phase the easiist to follow and add back a few more servings of fruit to make up my calories these days! I will be a dukanite for life except i will always log my calories!
  • AmyTriptyline
    AmyTriptyline Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 12lbs in three months last year on this diet, put it all back on again though but that's because I've been stuffing my face since June. One thing though - don't be tempted to join the Dukan website for "personalised coaching" because it's not personalised, the website is rubbish and it's very expensive. Stick with the books and MFP and you'll do wonders. Good luck and enjoy the fact that you can eat lots of lovely things and lose weight! xxx
  • pkw58
    Options
    I had a positiive experience with the on line Dukan Coaching, but I sent tons of emails as I went. The people at dukan even helped me when I want to substitute an apple for the bread in the consolidation phase, etc.

But I do understand if others don't find the on line coaching helpful, everyone's experience is different. The one thing I totally disagree with is Dukan says don't count calories, and I am adament that is very important to log your calories!
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hi everyone i just started this diet today any tips friend requests support would be great happy new year everyone
  • pkw58
    Options
    Hey Alcoria!

The best thing I did was follow the Dukan shopping list religiously so I had all the foods I need to be successful.

If I got hungry, I reached for a protein snack or greek yogurt ... a habit I maintain a year later!
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey Alcoria!

The best thing I did was follow the Dukan shopping list religiously so I had all the foods I need to be successful.

If I got hungry, I reached for a protein snack or greek yogurt ... a habit I maintain a year later!

thats awesome i just picked up some greek yogurt today

im just glad there is still someone on here in this group thats still active :)
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm new to Dukan as well. This is day 2 of Attack for me. Down 3 lbs after Day 1!! I know its water, but I'm just glad to see the scale going down.

I'd love to have some support on this journey & will do my best to be supportive in return. I am not logging my food or counting calories, as I tend to rebel at that after awhile. I'll see how I do with not journaling, and may return to it if necessary.

I have a long road ahead of me & hope this board becomes active & supportive.

Good Luck everyone!

Lori
  • pkw58
    Options
    Hey Primalgal - keep us up to date on how the nongjournaling goes! I never got there...

Looking forward to continueing my maintenance utilizing good ol' Dukan!