BFC Connections

Options
msnique2
msnique2 Posts: 18 Member
Hello,

I started the BFC yesterday, I've done it before in the past.

I would love connections to help motivate me with exercise and make a lifestyle change, incorporating the BFC.

I look forward to connecting!

Replies

• cstanesic
    cstanesic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Morning MSNIQUE2,
    Thank you for the friend request. I have not yet started officially because me husband didn't want me to start without him. I guess that tomorrow will be the day then. I did throw away A LOT of sugary foods (and ones with hidden sugar) out of the frig and pantry yesterday though.
    Are you doing the original BFC or Fast Track. I really only see us doing FT for 2-4 weeks. I like to cook too much to eat his off his menu to long.
    Keep me updated on what is working and not working for you. I really am excited to start! Cindi
  • raebar01
    raebar01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am excited to get started on BFC; this will be my first time on the plan. I don't have the book yet, but have been reading and researching the diet so I could get started! I am considering today my first day. I have done Atkins with success in the past. I am curious how the 6 daily carb servings will work for me. I know that sugar is something that I need to avoid. Looking forward to getting to know all of you! Good luck!
  • cstanesic
    cstanesic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We have officially started! My sweet hubby wanted us to have one last hurrah today but I am so ready to get started. We have decided to do the BFC Fast Track meal plans (as close as we can to) exactly like Jorge has them mapped out. I am so used to WW and manipulating the plan to suit myself that I think I need to start a bit more restricted. Also, I want to see some significant results to keep both of us motivated. I hope this week gets us charged up for more!
  • DominoTr
    DominoTr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow BFC'ers. I'm new to this diet, but I'm finding it fairly easy to stick to. I'm not doing the fast track, just the regular one. So far I've lost 3 lbs and haven't been on for a whole week. I'd welcome any feedback/success etc. stories out there. I'm kinda psyched to be doing this. And we're sure there's no major health risks to this?
  • kymmitut
    Options
    Welcome! I've been following this way for 7 months now, and while I'm not losing 5+ pounds a week, it's been pretty steady weight loss. I am extremely happy eating this way. My blood sugar crashes have stopped, I don't feel the need to snack incessantly and I'm more satisfied. Once I had sugar out of my system for a few weeks, I stopped craving it.

Health wise, I had blood work done about 4 months into this and had very good results. My blood sugar readings had me in the pre-diabetic range the year before, but went back down to normal. My cholesterol went down (despite all the eggs and red meat I eat) and everything else seems to be headed in the right direction.

We should do a tips and tricks thread!
  • summer0680
    summer0680 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was also worried about blood work. Glad to hear yours came back better!

I agree we need a thread going with good recipes and tips and tricks to stay on track.
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear about the blood work, too. All my levels are fine now, but cholesterol was up a bit in the past. I don't wanna see it rise once again! Sure hope there's still BFC people here for continued support. :flowerforyou: