First Measures = Tomorrow

Options
katieuk
katieuk Posts: 304 Member
Hi Girls,

Thanks again all for joining in this challenge with me to keep us all motivated and focused on our goal!!

So tomorrow is our first measure day and the healthy food and DVD's commence on Monday...

Tomorrow (the 6th January 2013) I shall post my measures, I do not weigh all the time, I do not have access to scales and I prefer to focus on my measures because weight can fluctuate for so many different reasons, also you may gain weight whilst losing inches because of increase in muscle mass. I shall post my measures following the below template and I would appreciate it if all members could do the same by replying to my post.

Belly (lower abdominal area, the tape measure around the middle of the belly button)

Waist (upper abdominal area, the tape measure around the narrowest part)

Hips (the tape measure around the fullest part of the bum)

Thighs (I stand with my hands to my side and put the tape measure around the part of my thigh where my fingertips reach)

Weight (I will not be doing this but feel free to do so if this is something you like to keep a track of)

REMEMBER: No matter what the numbers are tomorrow our focus and determination will help us see those figures go down over the next 6 months... BE POSITIVE :-)

Replies

• katieuk
    katieuk Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Note to all - I have created the spreadsheet - so far 8 of us are taking part I am really happy with that (not so much for me to keep a track of then haha) - however, if any others view this challenge and wish to join then provided it is before 00:00am Monday 7th January 2013 and you have posted your measures on the relevant topic thread then I shall add you to my spreadsheet.

After that time then I will not be able to add you (only because it would be difficult to manage adding anyone who joins in once it has all started) but feel free to still join in and post if you wish !! :-)
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Can't wait!

Good luck everyone!:drinker:
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure if you were going to keep your spreadsheet in metric, so I'm posting both imperial and metric. Conversion may not be precise, I'm just looking on both sides of my measuring tape.

Belly (lower abdominal area, the tape measure around the middle of the belly button) - 38" (96.5cm)

Waist (upper abdominal area, the tape measure around the narrowest part) - I'm measuring 3" (7.5cm) above my navel = 35" (89cm)

Hips (the tape measure around the fullest part of the bum) - 38.5" (98cm)

Thighs (I stand with my hands to my side and put the tape measure around the part of my thigh where my fingertips reach)
    right - 20.75" (52.5 cm) left - 20.5" (52cm)

Weight (I will not be doing this but feel free to do so if this is something you like to keep a track of) - 161 lbs as of two days ago.
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm going to include my bust, too. 43" (109cm). While my arms and legs need toning, all of my excess weight is in my midsection and chest.
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...Sarice reporting for duty. Here are my stats...

Waist - 30.5"
    Right Thigh - 22"
    Left Thigh - 22.5"
    Right Bicep - 13"
    Left Bicep - 12.5"
    Hips - 42.25"
    Chest - 31.5"
    Bust - 39.5"

I'm excited about this challenge and look forward to the results! Stay motivated everyone and good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou: