finding my face.....

Options
So I had gastric bypass 11/02/12 I was 282 and now 243 (currently at a standstill) Yeah me, BUT I'd like to see changes in my facial/neck appearance. I seem to notice the loss everywhere but there! Anyone else have this issue or advice on it? Thanks

Replies

• stephanielindsey
    Options
    Are you taking progress pictures? There may be changes that you don't notice day to day in the mirror but would notice if you looked at pictures side by side.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I agree with the progress pictures! I really didn't notice much of a loss in myself, I just saw my size and measurements go down. My husband started taking pictures and when I compared the before and after I cried! I cried because I was so happy to realize the difference and I cried because I never realized how big I was. In a support group meeting they said to take pictures in front of a door frame so its easier to see the differences.
  • smokeywolf57
    Options
    I have taken photos after every doc visit to keep track of things but most people say my face is the first place where they can see I have lost weight.
  • kaydol1488
    Options
    No I haven't taken pics, I really hated the way I looked and can't remember the last time I allowed anyone to take one! I guess I should start now. I see it in my stomach, butt and unfortunately my breast lol.
    Thank you all for replying! :happy:
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 70 pounds and am just starting to find my jawline again. Face still looks fat and puffy in every pic I take--at least to me. I'm halfway to my goal (20 pounds away from surgeon's goal) and I"m hoping to see some real improvement soon.
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Lol! When I first saw the topic, I thought it would be about you face emerging after surgery. I really hope that I find mine on this journey. I have a long way to go, but I seem to remember that at one point, I had cheekbones. Oh, and only one chin.
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I had my DS October 29, 2012. Everyone keeps telling me I am looking healthier rather than being obese. I started at 318. I now weigh 271. I have a before pic, but no progress pics yet (must get on the ball about that). I do know for the first time in 8 years, I can and have put my socks and shoes on without help yesterday. Yay!

Will you keep us posted? Let us celebrate with you about your weight loss journey. I will try to do the same.

Melanie
  • Maylene1217
    Maylene1217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So I had gastric bypass 11/02/12 I was 282 and now 243 (currently at a standstill) Yeah me, BUT I'd like to see changes in my facial/neck appearance. I seem to notice the loss everywhere but there! Anyone else have this issue or advice on it? Thanks

i had the opposite my face got real skinny real quick. and everyone kept asking me if i was sick. i did however lose weight really fast. i reached goal in about 9 months. and by a year was too skinny and had to gain...

i look so different from when i was fat most people didnt recognize me and didnt believe it was me...