Team Twilight Week 2 Back on Track in 2013

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
Ladies,
We had a nice week to kickstart the new year. Now that we are getting into the groove again, lets get ready to take on week 2!
Are you ready????

Here is our challenge .... Monday 1-7-2013 thru Sunday 1-13-2013

:flowerforyou: For those not on maintenance---- lose 1/2 pound by Sunday the 13th
For those on maintenance
stay within your maintenance range
:heart: Bank Calories within the week in case you need some for a special occasion
:blushing: Consume 25 grams or more fiber daily (remember that fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains help you get there)
:drinker: Stay hydrated. 8 glasses water or 6 glasses water/2 glasses decaf beverages
:smile: Cardio 100 minutes. (That's an avg of 20 minutes x 5 days)

:laugh: Our special strength move for this week in honor of Twilight will be 'LaPush' ups. Do them against the wall, kitchen counter, on the floor with bent knees, regular, or GI Jane style, your choice. Lets get in 50 this week.

Team Sharing: We can all use some new food ideas from time to time... Please share this week if you tried a new food or had something healthy that you hadn't eaten in a long time. If you didn't try anything new, please share what favorite foods help keep you on track.

Have an awesome week ladies!!!! You are doing great!!!

Replies

• KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd say it but thank god for push ups; Squats seriously hurt my knees! lol
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,910 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm on maintenance, I'm trying to bank 1200 calories per week so that in 3 weeks I'll be a pound down. Can I start my push up tonight while I watch Biggest Loser?
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Great challenge, Yvonne! Though I'll never hit those fiber #'s. lol
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Great ideas for this week. We have a new group member who might as well be my sister, and I'm hoping she joins us on challenge this week.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    whoo-hoo! i'm in!

now, i'm trying something new for my workouts. i'm trying to go to a 'back to the basics' mentality, so i'm not clocking them or wearing my heart rate monitor for a while. i've found that my focus has shifted to 'how long' or 'how much' (i'm talking about workouts now, not jacob), instead of 'am i getting any'. (workouts, people - focus!) :blushing:

so here is my routine for the next while, if anyone wants to give it a go. i think it lasted around 25 or 30 minutes.

50 jumping jacks
    40 knee-ups
    30 bicycle crunches
    20 front kicks
    10 push-ups

repeat three times.

for the crunches and knee-ups, the right and left sides equal a count of one. for the kicks, i do 20 on the right and then 20 on the left instead of alternating, or i'd fall all over the place. so i got in 30 (knee-style) pushups today. so glad it lines up with the challenge!

here is taylor lautner doing some pushups: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzo0jXkfck8

happy monday, everyone!
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, and I hope everyone is having a great 2013 so far!

I re-started/re-committed to my program/healthy lifestyle on New Years Day, Jan 1st. I'm off to a great start and excited to weigh in tomorrow and see my Week 1 weigh loss.

I also will commit to our challenge here and strive for more cardio and some 'LaPush" ups. :) Cute!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Happy Monday!!

Cardio 33/100 minutes
    20/50 LaPush ups against the wall. (Why do I feel dirty saying that?).
    I fell short on my fiber by 7 grams today, I didn't plan my dinner very well with running errands after work, and I grabbed fast food.
    51 calories overdrawn for the week.
    56 oz water/8 oz milk
    Too bad we don't burn calories from being really torqued off. I so, I would have had to eat back lots of exercise calories today.

Special Food
    Today, I had a fresh blood (cara cara) orange. I love them and they are only available here seasonally. Normally I don't find them until February, but they have already been in the stores. Their flesh is similar to the color of a ruby red grapefruit, however they are not tart. No seeds, juicy and just plain wonderful.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 1

Starting weight: 250.2

Banked Calories: 723 including exercise calories, 255 not including exercise calories - lowered goal calories to "lose 1.5lbs/week", plus came home from work early with a migraine, so I did skip lunch & afternoon snack today.

Fiber: 14/25 grams - need to work on this, didn't really eat much today, this is going to be my dietary area of focus this week

Water: 8 glasses

Cardio: 55/100 minutes.

"LaPush Ups" - none yet

Team Sharing: I'm loving fruit & yogurt smoothies. 1/2 cup frozen mango, 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt, 2/3 cup 2% milk I blend it in the magic bullet blender & then stir in about a teaspoon or so of chia seeds. With the fruit being frozen, it makes the smoothie into more of an ice cream texture, I'm also loving clementines, and chobani's new "bite" yogurts
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Week 2 days 1 and 2
    Water: 2/7
    Fiber: day 1=31, day 2=28
    Cardio: 163/100
    LaPushups: 50/50 girl style

Not sure about the half pound yet. I had a big loss last week (though it I haven't caught up to my ticker yet) so I think I may be at a standstill this week. We shall see...

I didn't try a new food recently but I have been back on an avocado kick.Here is one of my favorite ways to eat them. Spread half of a ripe avocado on a toasted english muffin. Top with a tablespoon of salsa. Enjoy! It doesn't get much easier or yummier than that. I bet you could even find fresh avocados on Isle Esme.

Oh yeah, banked calories=554 from both days combined.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    whoo-hoo! i'm in!

now, i'm trying something new for my workouts. i'm trying to go to a 'back to the basics' mentality, so i'm not clocking them or wearing my heart rate monitor for a while. i've found that my focus has shifted to 'how long' or 'how much' (i'm talking about workouts now, not jacob), instead of 'am i getting any'. (workouts, people - focus!) :blushing:

so here is my routine for the next while, if anyone wants to give it a go. i think it lasted around 25 or 30 minutes.

50 jumping jacks
    40 knee-ups
    30 bicycle crunches
    20 front kicks
    10 push-ups

repeat three times.

for the crunches and knee-ups, the right and left sides equal a count of one. for the kicks, i do 20 on the right and then 20 on the left instead of alternating, or i'd fall all over the place. so i got in 30 (knee-style) pushups today. so glad it lines up with the challenge!

here is taylor lautner doing some pushups: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzo0jXkfck8

happy monday, everyone!

Cute video Stacy! I would do your workout but my zombie group has me plenty busy this week. It seems like a great one though.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    hey, everyone!

water, check.
    no pushups today, but i did have a great zumba workout.
    have no idea on the fiber - probably a no.

have a good evening!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2

H20. 48/16 decaf
    Fiber. 35 grams
    3 calories left, so I am still in the hole by 48 calories so far.From all the crap happening at work, my coworker/cube mate was stress eating today and yesterday poor girl. But I managed to maintain my composure and stayed away from the temptation, although yesterday I did say I was going to find a chocolate fountain and jump in it!

No exercise today, had to work late.

New food, No Pudge Fat Free brownie mix. Wooohoo, I had forgotten this stuff existed. In a bright pink box with a pig on the front. I prepared it with the chocolate coffee flavored 'bites chobani' oh it is so good! You can mix 2 tablespoons of mix with one tablespoon of yogurt, and microwave for one minute. 120 calories! Top with a little whip cream....ahhhhh....fabulous!!!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Week 2, Day 2

1/2 lb loss: Looking good so far!

Bank Calories: 50 in the green

25g Fiber: 0/2

Water: 2/2

Cardio: 0/100

LaPush-Ups: 0/50

Team Sharing: Made some yummy quiche "muffins" to warm up for breakfast each day that are only 67 calories each but have 8 grams of protein. Found the recipe here on MFP, made a couple of small changes, and LOVE having an easy but healthy breakfast.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Team Sharing: Made some yummy quiche "muffins" to warm up for breakfast each day that are only 67 calories each but have 8 grams of protein. Found the recipe here on MFP, made a couple of small changes, and LOVE having an easy but healthy breakfast.

ahem...share, please?
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Here's the link to the recipe thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/711823-breakfast-quiche-muffins-74-calories-each

I omitted the oil and substituted unsweetened vanilla almond milk for the skim milk. They turned out just fine and were a few less calories each.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,910 Member
    Options
    Oh, I wanted to try out those quiche muffins. Glad to hear you both like them.

Sorry I haven't posted yet this week. So catching up for days 1-3.

In the bank: Monday 197, Tuesday 10, Wednesday 158

Fiber 25+ all three days

La Push ups - 20/50

Water 64 oz + each day

Cardio 70/100

New favorite food : marinated artichoke hearts (without oil) . Yummy veggies in a jar.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Catching up since I haven't posted since Monday:
    Day 1:
    Starting weight: 251

Banked Calories: 838

"LaPush Ups" - none yet

Day 2:

Over by 609, 229 in the bank]

Cardio 85/100 minutes

need to get to those pushups

Day 3:

393 added to bank/ 622 in bank

Cardio: 144/100 minutes

still no pushups

Recipe - I put 3 chicken breasts in the crockpot with a can of diced tomatoes with chipolte chile peppers. I added a little bit of chicken broth & a tablespoon of Tastefully Simple's simply salsa mix & cooked while I ran errands today. I went to lift a chicken breast out, & it fell apart
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Week 2, Day 3 (Wednesday)

1/2 lb loss: Still looking good to hit this goal!

Bank Calories: 96 in the green

25g Fiber: 0/7 - I'm just not gonna hit this number. Oh well.

Water: 3/7

Cardio: 0/100 - Will make this up on my walks Friday/Saturday/Sunday

LaPush-Ups: 0/50 - Gotta get some of these in tonight!

Team Sharing: Loving the Flatout Fold-it 5 Grain with Flax flatbreads. They are tasty and have 7 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein. Even better, I got them 2 for 1 at Publix this week.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Catching up since I haven't posted since Monday:
    Day 1:
    Starting weight: 251

Banked Calories: 838

Fiber - 17/25

Water - 8 glasses

"LaPush Ups" - none yet

Day 2:

Over by 609, 229 in the bank]

fiber: 24/25

Water 8 glasses

Cardio 85/100 minutes

need to get to those pushups

Day 3:

393 added to bank/ 622 in bank

Fiber 16/25

Water 8 glasses

Cardio: 144/100 minutes

still no pushups

Recipe - I put 3 chicken breasts in the crockpot with a can of diced tomatoes with chipolte chile peppers. I added a little bit of chicken broth & a tablespoon of Tastefully Simple's simply salsa mix & cooked while I ran errands today. I went to lift a chicken breast out, & it fell apart
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 Wednesday check in

H20. 32/. 24 decaf
    Fiber. 52 grams
    in the hole something fierce. i had 3 stinking donuts. Working late hours again, and it is pretty stressful. , but I can see it getting better.

No exercise today.

New food, - well let me tell you, it sure as heck isn't donuts! For tasting so good they are really really bad, but my coworkers who were stressed really appreciated them. Bad bad stuff!! Tsk tsk surf...bad girl.