theme of your wedding?

Options
Hi Ladies! I thought it would be fun to hear about the details of your wedding! Do you have a specific theme? What are your colors? Some of our weddings are coming up so quickly! Give us the "idea" behind your big day! :)

Our wedding is rustic themed. Its in a log cabin/white tent attached in a big park with different flower gardens. Im using centerpieces wrapped in burlap and lace for the centerpieces. All the flowers will be white. My MOH is wearing ivory (like me) and my bridesmaids are wearing a few different colors including petal pink, champagne, and latte. They are all different style dresses but all the same short length. I am so excited to start finalizing alot of my little details because that is my favorite part! :)

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I haven't exactly picked everything out yet, but my main color'd theme is going with Blue and Purple. I'm going to have very little decorations as the spot where we are getting married is on the beach, and I think putting too much up will just take away from the view. Simple, but elegant is what I'm going for :)
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like how your rustic theme sounds. My wedding is a vintage 1960's theme. We are getting married at a vintage hotel that has a theater in it. I am not really following a color theme just a vintage theme. My bridesmaids will have their dresses hand made like mine but I am thinking probably jewel tones. There are so many small details I am working on. I have decided that our tables for the reception will be named after old romance movies.
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    We don't really have a cohesive theme yet, but we decided right away that our colors would blue/champagne/silver. We both really love wine and want to incorporate wine bottles into the centerpieces. I have most recently come up with the idea to use the names of different buildings from the colonial village in Williamsburg VA where we were engaged as table names rather than table numbers, but he doesnt really like the idea. I think i've decided that our theme is going to be "Things that Lauren & Adam like." :)
  • astepbysteph
    astepbysteph Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Our day is centered around the idea of "rustic elegance." We both enjoy the outdoors and camping and were engaged outside (he set up a private geocache w/o me knowing - solved a code at the end etc). Our colors are aqua and charcoal gray. Other than that... things are still being decided. I do have some birch bark we are going to use somehow in the center pieces! :)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    We don't really have a main central theme but we are going for a celestial feel. The wedding is at night. Our colors are dark blue (think navy) and yellow. The colors with some small details will bring in the celestial feel. For instance, my maid of awesomeness made my garter belt and it has little moons and stars all over it. I'm thinking my jewelry might also have stars in it as well, and possibly my veil as well. But it's not going to be obvious to most people.

We aren't doing a whole lot in the way of decor, just setting up a 1 bedroom penthouse suite in Vegas for our reception, I'm thinking just some candles and rose petals should add a nice touch.
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    We're planning on having an autumn theme for our wedding. Our ceremony is outdoors with a breathtaking mountain view during peak foliage season. Our reception centerpieces will be pumpkins filled with flowers.
  • Tinker1208
    Options
    all your weddings sound so pretty!
  • lovedork
    lovedork Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! My wedding will be in November of 2014, so I want to do a Fall theme. I want it to have the essence of Fall without being too cheesy/cliche. I'm doing eggplant purple with accents of blush pink, gold, and ivory. The ceremony is indoors at night, so there will be tons of candles and pumpkins spray painted gold. The flower girls will scatter leaves instead of petals. The room will be uplighted in purple and there are gorgeous gold chandeliers and accents in the room. The food will include little touches of Fall, like pies and caramel apples during viennese hour. I'm still working on details, but I'm getting there!

9247807.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hi! My wedding will be in November of 2014, so I want to do a Fall theme. I want it to have the essence of Fall without being too cheesy/cliche. I'm doing eggplant purple with accents of blush pink, gold, and ivory. The ceremony is indoors at night, so there will be tons of candles and pumpkins spray painted gold. The flower girls will scatter leaves instead of petals. The room will be uplighted in purple and there are gorgeous gold chandeliers and accents in the room. The food will include little touches of Fall, like pies and caramel apples during viennese hour. I'm still working on details, but I'm getting there!

Sounds lovely! I really love the flower girl dropping leaves instead of petals.
  • Tinker1208
    Options

9247807.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

sounds like you have ALOT planned already!! way to go!
  • ibfree1027
    ibfree1027 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Theme? LOL I still have to pick colors out! I am just getting started though! I do have a friend doing a peacock theme.
  • nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't have a theme as such but it has a vintage feel with bird cages and butterflies making up the centre pieces, as my dress isn't White alot of the decorations will be with some lace pearls and crystals thrown in ! I'm making my own brooch bouquet and I've yet to decide on bridesmaid dresses although I think they'll be tea length dresses in possibly a dirty lilac colour to match in a little with my own dress ! Each of our table will be named after an arsenal ( English football/soccer team ) player past or present as we're huge fans ! Think that's about all really !! X
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Going country all the way, keeping it simple and small. I am getting married at home, We are cleaning out the garage and hanging white sheets on the walls, as they are old looking. If it rains bring it on. My colors are purple and white. I will be wearing white jeans and a purple top with a veil. My flower girls will be wearing purple and white dresses. The guys in blue jeans and plaid shirts. This is a second marriage for us both. I am doing my own invitations, decorations, keep sake's, flowers and making the food. We don't drink so we are not having a reception. There will be wine on the table though.
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We are getting married in October in central NY because we love that time of the year. We are doing a vintage/rustic/autumn theme. The groomsmen will be wearing caps, suspenders, vests etc. I'm not sure yet about my bridesmaids. We will have pumpkins, leaves, branches, etc on our tables. Each table will be named after our favorite place in Europe we've been since we've been living in the UK for 2 years. We just want a fun, laid back feel. We'll be doing a buffet because we want people to have more time for fun and dancing.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    We're getting married at a vineyard/winery (outside on a hill overlooking the vineyards for the ceremony, and the reception is in their barrel room, which has a rustic feel...floor-to-ceiling oak barrels, huge wrought iron chandeliers, and candle-lit). Originally I wanted a turquoise-ish color but I'm not sure that really goes with a vineyard, especially in fall (though here, late Sept feels and looks like summer)...so now I'm thinking of going with a dark red.
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a theme. We're getting married outdoors in the country on my parents beautiful property. The colors I've gone with are Royal Blue, Bronze, Ivory and Brown. My center pieces are lanterns of different styles all painted the same color, flowers I still need to figure out but majority of them will come from my parents gardens. Still lots to figure out but I'm getting closer (now if only time would slow down!!)
  • AML04143
    Options
    This sounds so gorgeous! I wanted to get married in a winery, but there aren't any near us! When I was originally thinking September/Fall..I thought about eggplant as a color, but the dark red/wine sounds awesome too. Can't wait to see it all come together!
  • AML04143
    Options
    We don't have anything but location picked yet, but it lends itself to a beach/ocean theme. I'm thinking of using a lot of lanterns and candles, as well as decoration the grounds with Edison light bulbs and twinkly lights in the trees. I also like the idea of light, neutral colors like champagnes, creams, blush, etc. with both silver and gold accents. I'd love to have our guests light Chinese wish lanterns and let them go over the ocean, but I'm not sure our venue will allow it. I have a LOT of "pins" on my wedding Pinterest board too: http://pinterest.com/alundalundalund/wedding-stuff/
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    Oh, I love hearing about all of these. All of the themes/color schemes/etc sound lovely!

We're going for a gothic victorian feel with black, grey, cream, and either red or blue. So lots of candles, elegant gothy accents, which I have not fully thought out. But books, masks, and dark lace.