minute muffins

Options
I was a little grossed out by these at first...but, I found that if I turned it on its side and sliced it thin, (like in 4 or 5 sections), then it was Much better. I did the cinnamon one and topped it with a big smear of cream cheese on each section.

I'm new to the minute muffin, lol... But, now I am In love! :D

Thanks for posting all the recipes for them! Can't wait to experiment with them!

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Ya they can be pretty versatile. I made a grilled cheese out of one.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oh yum!!!! i'm going to try that! Thanks! :D
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yay! You found the thread!

I like the grilled cheese, too. I've also added some meat to the grilled cheese (they call them Tosti's here: grilled sandwich with ham or turkey.

Yum!
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great idea debi! mmmmm toastis!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mmmm! Toast is sound great! I know what I'm having for lunch!!
    I add more Splenda to mine and I added Polaner sugar free strawberries before I cooked it. Yummy!:heart:
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Adding Cardamom has been my big thing that makes them super yummy to me! haven't done savory.... but that grilled cheese is making me think I want to!!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you like the minute muffins, give these almond buns a try. They have a corn-bread like texture and taste amazing. Also incredibly quick and nearly impossible to mess up. :)

http://cavemanketo.com/2012/02/15/faux-bread-quest-holy-grail-almond-buns/
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Those almond buns look soooooo good!

But at almost 400 cals per bun (including top and bottom)? That's more than an entire meal for me! Wow!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Those almond buns look soooooo good!

But at almost 400 cals per bun (including top and bottom)? That's more than an entire meal for me! Wow!

Yes, that is for two! Often i'll just have one as an "open face sandwich" type deal. But usually what I eat with it isn't very heavy, cold cuts, eggs and bacon, peanut butter etc. You can also cut down on the butter to reduce the calories I think, ive used less just because I was running out and it came out fine. I eat two meals a day (Intermittent fasting 16/8), so both of my meals are usually around 600-800 calories.