January Daily Chat

Options
oceanity
oceanity Posts: 182 Member
I thought that I would start out a thread that we could post the day's little tidbits. I have been up since 4 am today...we are heading home from the ILs when the rest of the family is up, but I am ready to go home now!! It will be easier with my own food/cooking and I will get a run in tonight!!

What are you all doing?

Replies

• luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    Got the boys off to school and getting the motivation up to do Day 2 of the shred. I am so sore from yesterday, lol. Workout, then Katie has a dr. appt then a speech eval this afternoon.
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I feel like crap...head cold. Blah. My kids are back at school today and I'm on the couch, watching TV. I really want to go to the gym tonight, but I'll see how I feel.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hockey today! All 3 boys are taking a hockey course this week (1.5 hours per day).

My first step is drinking water today. Don't think I'll start logging my calories just yet - I get frustrated when I don't know how to enter something (like the homemade pea soup I'm making using the leftover ham bone from yesterday). So I'll try to limit my portions of whatever I eat today and start calorie counting tomorrow?
  • daniash19
    daniash19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am getting my resume beautiful so I can apply on a now job. Going to finish sorting Christmas stuff and getting it all put away. we will go skating and maybe for a walk. It is too icy to run here today. We are in a melt freeze system. I have to work for a few hours at some point.

We have 11 boxes of chocolates in our house. I think I will give a bunch away. Then the temptation is gone!
  • oceanity
    Options
    Another morning start at 4 am!!! My YDS woke me up and I felt something gooey when I went to lift him into our bed....but the smell was what did me in...he had puked all over his bed, no fever, just some reflux issues again :frown:

So I am making my hubby his favourite for breakfast...homemade cinnamon buns and then cleaning up in here. Bonus from yesterday, we figured out what was making my washing machine flood out and it is a reasonable fix!!! We took the machine apart ourselves and determined it was the detergent regulator that had cracked. The only problem is that we are going to patch it while we wait for the new part.....and I hope that can be done today due to vomited on blankets.

I ran 3.5 miles yesterday evening...it was a good workout!!!
  • luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    I hope he feels better and 4:30, ouch....DH was home again today so i actually slept in until 7:30 and am getting ready to workout. Next week is going to be a rough transition with him at work all the time and juggling so much pretty much by myself.
    Gearing up for Day 4.

Oh and yesterday was my middle son's birthday so my diet was thrown out the window, but right back on it today. :)
  • oceanity
    Options
    Me too Diane...I am still tired and the fix on the machine means I can't assemble it unless I get home from work early. I so want to get the pukey smell out of here!!!! I was up by 5ish this am, but I went to bed at 8:30 pm. Very broken sleep last night.....my biggest goal of the next month is getting back into a proper sleep groove. I hope that you had fun celebrating yesterday and enjoy the workout!!!!

Going to run tonight when I get home from work!!
  • oceanity
    Options
    Get chatting!!!! Like back in the day over at IDOB.....I don't feel like I belong over there now, I have not joined the FB after the last followout and I miss girls like Sam and April.

So what about January works well for you girls?

Personally the fact that there are less treats hanging out everywhere helps me, my hubby is good with me running more, there is slightly more daylight (I suspect that I do exerience SAD to some degree) and right now ttc in a few months is making this month work for me.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I suck. A weekend away for hockey meant lots of fast food.

So today I thought I'd get started and I did well this morning. But because I didn't eat as much as usual earlier, I was starving by dinner so I overate. :(

But back at it tomorrow. I think the routine of work will help. And I'm definitely going to have to make time to exercise. Maybe 30 Day Shred?
  • daniash19
    daniash19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am hoping if I join enough weight loss challenges I might actually lose some weight! I am in a quick 4 week challenge from Jan 7th till Feb 4th. Everyone is throwing in $20 and we have $700 in the pot. Winner takes all. It is based on percentage lost, so I have a chance. I would LOVE to win!!! I am going to try and be SOOO good for those 4 weeks. I know it is only 4 weeks so I am going to try and go sugar free and limit carbs and no pop and lots of water. They are posting weekly challenges, so I will complete those. I am skating every day and walking and doing squats and planks and lunges. 17 lbs is my goal for the 4 weeks. Then I will be at my summer goal weight and half way to my goal weight for the year.

I am so excited and hopful right now.... I will see what happens after a couple of days of no sugar :) I might be pretty cranky.
  • oceanity
    Options
    Danielle....that is one steep # for the month of Jan, is that the % amount you estimate others losing or is it a number that you feel is right? I do remember over at IDOB that you did lose quite quickly....and having the challenges will keep you in line!!

My push is that ttc #3 can happen when I am back at 155-160ish lbs, so it has been easier keeping my goal in mind. I even have an O date set for in March that is my day to try, so bring on the next 77 days and March 23rd over here!!!

Tracy, the routine of work helps me usually, mostly because I can't snack there :bigsmile: and that is one of the issues I have. I am working on my nightime snacking and purposefully eliminating it. It was never a problem before I met my hubby, but since then chocolate bars, chips, anything baked.....and most likely 500 extra cals a day that I don't need. Have fun with the shred!!!