Joining Proverbs 31 Women

Options
BillieS
BillieS Posts: 42 Member
Hi ladies, I just ran across this group and wanted to join you. I am 68, 5'2" and have been steadily gaining since 1997. I took off 30 pounds when I was 49 and kept it off for about 3 years and then started steadily gaining and have put back on the 30 pounds plus 10 more and just have not been able to turn it around. I love Jesus, and I am involved in two Bible studies at this time - I love studying God's word. I am looking forward to being a part of this Christian women's group and hope to be able to encourage each of you and get encouragement from you. Along with gaining weight comes health problems and I need to turn that around also. 1200 calories is all a 5'2" person is suppose to have during the day and I find that very hard to do but I am working at it. So I will join in in praying for each of you and ask that you pray for me. Eating healthy and drinking water is not a problem for me, I love all foods - keeping the quantity down to 1200 calories is my problem. So pray that I can find exercise that I can do - I have stenosis in my lower back so any exercise that helps the spare tire around my middle hurts my back and I found out that aerobics hurts my arthritic joints. But NO excuses - I still need to get this excess weight off and some of that will remedy itself. Looking forward to checking this site.

Replies

• Micheledo
    Micheledo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Billie S . You sound like me talking.LOL I need to loose over 100 lbs+. Also with back problems and have been steadly adding weight to this 5'3 frame.. Maybe we can keep each other on the right track.. I like to make quilt tops and knot it when it is all put together . I have done several over the years. I don't exercise much , but I think my new Doc. might change that. I also have COPD and it is dificult to go to Church when you are coughing and hacking. I really miss it. I have been a Christian for many years and lead a group of women who are between 66-83. As you can imagine it comes with a bunch of problems also. I truly beleive that for whatever reason that the devil is coming against our little group. All of us are sick !!: Right now it is 5 out of six and sometimes its less or more,but its hard to learn anything if you can't attend all the time. We must be doing some good or the devil woundn't care right?I have read the Proverbs 31 daily e-mail a couple of times and thought this might be the place to join. I am new.... You can sit on a chair and lift weights with you arms. They had me on just lifting up my legs and putting them. I f you can only do a couple thats ok. I am walking 6 mintues in my apt. now. I couldn't have done that 6 months ago. God is good ! He wants the best for us.
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I sure hope there are more posts here this year. I need encouragement from other Christians. I'm about 30 pounds away from my goal and I feel my resolve slipping. I need prayer to get back on track. I want to finish this race. God is so good to us and I know a flabby body is a testament to the idolatry of food, instead of worshiping him. I find that the best way to worship God is obey Him. He wants us to be healthy and happy because our bodies and spirits are joined. They are affected by each other. When I worship food and look for my satisfaction there, I am disappointed. When I seek God I feel His peace and contentment!