Introduce myself

Options
1/3/2013

Hi my name is Debra

I want to accomplish some of the same things that you want to during 2013. I am extremely overweight and I weigh 256 pounds. I would love to get as close to 130 pounds as possible by January 1, 2014. I am aware this is a slow and tedious process and the best way to lose weight is slow 1 to 2 pounds per week. Change our behavior regarding food and exercise.

I'm going to do Thre new behaviors starting today.
1) Write down all the food I eat during the entire day.
2) I'm going to exercise one time a day - 10 to 20 minutes.
3) I am going to report the used to behaviors on this message board daily before I go to bed Eastern standard Time by 12 midnight.

Replies

• care_jako
    care_jako Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Carrie,
    I have been doing this weight loss thing off and on for a couple years. My highest weight was 266 lbs and I am now down to 207 lbs. I did weight watchers for the longest time, but have switched to myfitnesspal for a change.
    I dont really do the workout thing much, but that is because I work on my feet all day and i am constantly moving.
    I am going to lose the weight so I can have a baby in the future, my fertility doctor says that the weight could be why I cant get pregnant.
    So 2013 is all about focus and commitment for me!!! :)
  • KeepPushin414
    KeepPushin414 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am TC, an avid exerciser, 48 y/o, live in Las Vegas with husband of 15 years and a spoiled maincoon cat !! I've been up and down by 40 lbs the last 10 years and am really tired of it. I need to be consistent with food choices and accountable.

I am also going on a cruise in April and hope to feel less self conscious in a bathing suit - I won't be at goal of course, but hope to have lots of small victories under my belt by then.

My challenges are snacking after dinner, drinking alcohol particularly on the weekends, and eating the same portions as my much bigger husband. I am trying to eat less processed foods but won't embrace that to the extreme ..i.e. I need to give up cheez-its, but I'm not gonna bake my own bread. I work an unusual schedule Mon-Thurs 6:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m. so I'm pretty wiped after work during the week. I am also working on getting back in the habit of cooking and prepping for the week on Sundays.

Glad to meet all of you !
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Danielle,

I'm 29, mother to two boys, and coming up on my 8 year wedding anniversary in one month. My ultimate goal is to be at a healthy weight/size before my 30th birthday this upcoming November.......I was over weight just about my entire 20's, so I'd like to feel good about myself in my 30's!!!!

I am guilty of falling off the weight loss wagon more times than I can count. I will drop 10 lbs and get excited....then boom....I'm back up to upper 190's.

My heaviest non pregnancy weight is 201, currently 195 and I'm looking to drop 45/50 lbs (we'll see what weight I'm comfortable at once I get there.)

My mini goals are-

190 by Feb 5th (wedding anniversary) :heart:
    180 by end of March (WILL FINALLY BE OUT OF THAT BLASTED OBESE BMI RANGE) :bigsmile:
    175 by late April (vacation to the beach!) :blushing:
    165 by June 19th (hubby's birthday) :love:
    150 by November 7th (My Birthday) :flowerforyou:
  • donnad62
    Options
    Hi, I'm Donna. I turned 50 last year and lost about 10 pounds so I could fit into a dress I love for my birthday--and then the 10 and more piled on. I am at my highest weight ever--194--and I don't want to spend another Christmas in stretch pants.

I love horses and I plan to reward each 5 pound loss with a riding lesson!

My goals are:

Feb. 1: 188
    March 1: 183
    April 1: 178 (YAY! no longer obese!)
    UGW: 140 by December 31.

I look forward to connecting with you all!
  • Timberlies
    Timberlies Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Timber.

I've struggled with my weight ever since I was a teenager but I've gained a lot more in the last 5 yrs. We moved to San Francisco and we were surrounded by delicious food and ate out too much! Then I had a baby (amazing little boy, 2yr old now) and put on even more weight.

It's great to have a community to talk to even if it's just online, I don't have a lot of support here. I want to be healthy, maybe another baby in the future, set a good example to keep my children healthy.

My goals are to track and stick with my calorie limit, like lvparrothead I can't keep eating the same portion size as my husband, drink a lot of water and exercise!

Thanks for the support and I'll do the same!
  • c2jeske
    c2jeske Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

My name is Colleen. I am a mother of two children. I work long hours and snack a lot. I tried this about two years ago and was extremely successful, but I guess I got cocky and thought I didn't need to count calories every day or exercise regularly. I was wrong. I need to change to be healthy, but I want to feel good about myself again. I am over 200 lbs. This is a wake up call. I am ready to push myself and look forward to the support and assistance.
  • tapaul52
    Options
    Hi All,

My name is Tim. Here to lose about 80lbs, but I would be happy at 70lbs. That would put me at about 210lbs. When I was young, just out of HS I was around 175lbs. I know that I can probably never get back to that weight....

Good to be here and I hope the best for everyone

Tim
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    hello! My name is Cassie and I weigh 178. i had previously attempted to lose weight and went from 196-171, but then got offt he wagon and gained 7 back. My goal is to get back on the wagon and get down to 140, or 130 if i could!, and be fit and healthy! This challenge group seems perfect for me!
  • dporter1183
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!!!!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

My name is Lara. I am 25 and work in law enforcement. My life (like everyone's) is hectic with no rhyme or reason. I've always seen myself as a big girl even when I was at my lowest weight in HS. More than anything I want to get healthy. This is my year to shine and I am looking forward to have friends shine with me!
  • Valence87
    Valence87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm a 25 year old grad student. I've gained about 10lbs/year for the last...forever. I'd like to change that. I work at least 60hrs/wk on my feet (yay lab science!), so I'm fairly active. My goal is to use MFP (and my shiny BodyMedia armband) to reduce my caloric intake and eat healthier.

tl;dr: Grad student needs more veggies, less beer & pizza
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm a 25 year old grad student. I've gained about 10lbs/year for the last...forever. I'd like to change that. I work at least 60hrs/wk on my feet (yay lab science!), so I'm fairly active. My goal is to use MFP (and my shiny BodyMedia armband) to reduce my caloric intake and eat healthier.

tl;dr: Grad student needs more veggies, less beer & pizza

What are you studying?? I have a degree in Forensics and its always nice to have science buddies :drinker:
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm Frankee, I'm a 26 year old full time working mother to a little madam that is nearly 2. Pre-pregnancy my weight peaked at 206lbs and I've done this MFP on and off for a few years, but I always seem to slip... hard! Post pregnancy I got as low at 182 but recently got back to 201.

I have come to realise I can't DO moderation, its all or nothing for me, cheat days lead to cheat weeks, and months, and another 10lbs! SO I feel this is finally it, this time I will get down to 130 and ou of the OBESE range.

I work from 8.30-4.30 and then once madam is in bed, I cook, eat then head off to the gym. I'm slightly addicted to gym classes now, though I was terrified of them for years.

So... mini goals.
    Jan 1st 188lb
    Feb 1st - 180lb
    June 1st - 160lb
    Dec 31st -130lb!
  • Valence87
    Valence87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

What are you studying?? I have a degree in Forensics and its always nice to have science buddies :drinker:

Science buddies are the best! I'm a mix of physics and engineering. Finishing up my Master's this term, then heading straight into the PhD. My niche is the design & implementation of new technologies that take advantage of recent advances in quantum mechanics. I do a lot of ultracold atom and quantum optics work.
  • tms4341
    tms4341 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tessa

I have always been heavier as well. For the last 2 years I've been consciously trying to lose weight and exercise more. It's helped take off almost 30lbs but I have more work to do and I'd prefer to pick up the pace a little. I recently learned, I'm back down to what I was in high school, which is good motivation. I work in radiology & have a typical schedule (7a-4p). I think one of my greatest struggles is that my bf's schedule is exactly the opposite of mine. He works evenings and therefore is up later (making it sometimes hard for me to get my 7-8hrs of sleep in) and his meals are at different times (making it hard to stick to my rule of no eating after 7pm).
    My goal for this year is to run a 1/2 marathon. I've always wanted to say I did one. I'm also counting on all the exercise as motivation for weight loss. The goal right now is to run the 1/2 at the end of April. That means training starts this week. (Que both groans and excitement)
    Thanks!
  • kristinfrederiksen
    Options
    Good Morning all,

I'm Kristin, I've been here off and on for a few years, back to stay now. My weight has always gone back and forth, not drastically, but definitely noticeably. My goals are to lose 40 pounds ultimately, and just to get back into shape.
    Healthier eating habits are something I do not seem to possess so I'm starting with that. I have a wildchild 4 year old stepdaughter now and I'd love to keep up with her without the huffing and puffing I've noticed getting worse in the last year.

Good luck to everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing all the progress and success stories!

xo
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a little late to the party but I don't really internet on weekends ;).
    I'm Beth. I'm 30 years old. My weight has just been going up, I've actually NEVER lost any weight only gained. (it just wasn't always an issue) I was skinny or at least not overweight for most of my life...until the last three years, in which I've gained a whopping thirty pounds.
    I want to lose 40 pounds total. I just want to have the body I had in college, when I was proud of how I looked. I remember it did take a lot of work to keep that body, but I liked it and enjoyed running and would like to get back into a shape that can handle exercising and the like without pain.
    So that's my goal for the year. To lose the weight I've gained in the last three years, and get back into a shape that I can be comfortable with.
  • dporter1183
    Options
    Hi! I'm a little late to the party but I don't really internet on weekends ;).
    I'm Beth. I'm 30 years old. My weight has just been going up, I've actually NEVER lost any weight only gained. (it just wasn't always an issue) I was skinny or at least not overweight for most of my life...until the last three years, in which I've gained a whopping thirty pounds.
    I want to lose 40 pounds total. I just want to have the body I had in college, when I was proud of how I looked. I remember it did take a lot of work to keep that body, but I liked it and enjoyed running and would like to get back into a shape that can handle exercising and the like without pain.
    So that's my goal for the year. To lose the weight I've gained in the last three years, and get back into a shape that I can be comfortable with.

Good Luck!
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I'm Amelia!
    I am a 21 year old university student, studying B Sc Nutrition (dietetics). I have always, always, always been overweight, I started getting serious about weight loss at the end of February, when I was at my highest ever weight of 242lbs (at 5'9) and I am currently sitting 45-50 lbs lighter (with some extra holiday pudge :/ ) , and I do not remember at all when I weighed this before, I want to guess it was middle school!!
    Have a great day everyone!!
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello :) My name is Sharee

I am 29, and i have a daughter who is 4 years old, almost 5. (Time flies!) I want to lose weight to be healthy, have energy, and be able to play with my daughter without huffing and puffing or being too tired to play. I want to her to learn what a healthy lifestyle is. I think i've done well at TELLING her what is and isn't good for you , bc she calls me out when i eat something bad. But i need to SHOW her that i am eating healthy instead of being a hipocrite. I also want to lose to be a happier me. I used to be very outgoing but now i am kind of reserved. As cliche as it sounds, i'm hoping the journey of weight loss will allow me to "Find myself".

:)