JANUARY'S HOT SUMMER BODY Mini-Challenge

Options

Replies

• heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    And I did 40 minutes in the elliptical yesterday the 4th and 60 minutes today. I have not been tracking the distance so I will have to start doing that for posting

WHOO- HOO!!!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Yesterday---I only did 15 minutes-- my goal is 60 minutes--4-5 miles-but as long I got on ---that's a win
    I blew it with sugar---yesterday

I am going be realistic and say for the remaining 19 days---I will allow 4 of them to be low sugar days.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Weight--212
    Days on the Ellip =18 days in jan (at least)
    Challenge-- to increase my miles
    Nutrition Ill get back to you
    Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance intermediate (for now)
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Weight--212
    Days on the Ellip =18 days in jan (at least)
    Challenge-- to increase my miles
    Nutrition Ill get back to you
    Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance intermediate (for now)

Way to go!
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    so glad to have a gym so close to home... I did 20 min on the elliptical, 20 on the treadmill and 30 min weight training... I'm pooped.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an unscheduled rest day because my hips were sore (suspect the Walking on the basement cement floor was the culprit) So I doubled up the shock-absorbing mat for that part, and also took all tension off The Beast.

With no tension, which really let the speed fly, I managed 1.43 miles in 30 mins. But it was easier on the hip joints, so I will leave the setting like that while I work on sneaking my endurance ever closer to the 2 miles in 30 mins .....

(Or is the Suggested Beginner Target 2 miles OR 30 mins? :ohwell: I will have to go check that.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    ============

Fun Fact 1: After the stint on the home Elliptical (and also on the "elliptical rest days"), I use my Wii Walk It Out game for some extra Milage (does not count towards THIS Challenge milage) and create a rainbow every day. I will post the "Rainbow Calandar" at the end of each month, to show that I did them.

Fun Fact 2: For scenery that looks more interesting than my rec room walls (and so I don't have to monitor timing), I start up the Wii Fit Plus "Free Run - 30 minutes", stick the controller in my back pocket, and "run around The Island" via the elliptical.

===========

Ya know .... with the tension dialed way down, or practically off .... I MIGHT be able to match the slow to mid song tempos in Walk It Out (required for forward movement in the game) while on the elliptical ... which would mean I can ellipticise to more variable scrolling landscape AND make rainbows at the same time.

I'll have to test this out ....
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I know I'm coming in late, but here I go!

Monthly Stats :

Weight: 129
    My goals for January

Days on the Ellip: 20
    Challenge: 5 miles..or 60 min..

Nutritional: I'm actually starting a modified Paleo diet so very little refined sugar for me!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just started today!! YAY!!

Weight: 245 (as of 1-2-13)
    Goal: to increase my taiji and my elliptical miles
    Days on: 20
    Nutrition: no sugary foods
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    way to go!! :smile:
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm finally getting around to my goals (which I'm not very good at)

Weight: 214 :sad:

days on the elliptical: 20

weight loss: 1 lb per week.

Diet: to follow the Eating plan the dietitian gave me & to drink 6 glasses of water a day
  • BMcC9
    Options
    :ohwell: I'm not quite sure how it happened ... but here are today's totals

Two session (one before and one after supper) both at a pace of ~118-120 bpm --- which complies with the "70% of (226-age) formula ....

Ell #1 5.2 laps (1.3 miles) / 32 mins
    Ell #2 8.5 laps (2.13 miles) / 53 mins

Combined Total: 13.7 laps (3.43 miles) / 85 mins.

If a family commitment hadn't been on the books, I could probably have easily handled a 3rd set of at least 30 mins at the same pace.

Maybe slower IS better overall :huh:
  • c_mac2009
    c_mac2009 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yesterday did 60 minutes of elliptical. Today another 60 minutes for 4.67 miles, almost to 5 the first 32 minutes were the weight loss program so half the time at 1 resistance and half at 10. Then another 28 minutes with 5 resistance. Good workout and I was almost going to skip but told myself to get up and go.
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I know I'm coming in late, but here I go!

Monthly Stats :

Weight: 129
    My goals for January

Days on the Ellip: 20
    Challenge: 5 miles..or 60 min..

Nutritional: I'm actually starting a modified Paleo diet so very little refined sugar for me!

welcome!You're off and running!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    :ohwell: I'm not quite sure how it happened ... but here are today's totals

Two session (one before and one after supper) both at a pace of ~118-120 bpm --- which complies with the "70% of (226-age) formula ....

Ell #1 5.2 laps (1.3 miles) / 32 mins
    Ell #2 8.5 laps (2.13 miles) / 53 mins

Combined Total: 13.7 laps (3.43 miles) / 85 mins.

If a family commitment hadn't been on the books, I could probably have easily handled a 3rd set of at least 30 mins at the same pace.

Maybe slower IS better overall :huh:

Good workout!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I'm finally getting around to my goals (which I'm not very good at)

Weight: 214 :sad:

days on the elliptical: 20

weight loss: 1 lb per week.

Diet: to follow the Eating plan the dietitian gave me & to drink 6 glasses of water a day

you CAN do it!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Just started today!! YAY!!

Weight: 245 (as of 1-2-13)
    Goal: to increase my taiji and my elliptical miles
    Days on: 20
    Nutrition: no sugary foods

Go for it!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I FINALLY did a third stint on the Elliptical--I was feeling like such a slacker ---reading everyone completing their commitments
    and will be on again--tonight at 5pm for an hour or so --to make goal of 4-5 miles
    NOT doing well at all on sugar~

Many need to amend my goal:drinker:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I FINALLY did a third stint on the Elliptical--I was feeling like such a slacker ---reading everyone completing their commitments
    and will be on again--tonight at 5pm for an hour or so --to make goal of 4-5 miles

Well--I did --went back to the gym--went on 45 minutes
    made my goal of 5miles:bigsmile:
  • BMcC9
    Options

Well--I did --went back to the gym--went on 45 minutes
    made my goal of 5miles:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Yayyy, YOU!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: