anyone still out there ???

Options
Anyone still following this plan ?

Replies

• ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I lost 12lbs on this plan a while ago and am trying to get back in gear. I have about 10 lbs. to go.
  • loriaqui
    loriaqui Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group. I lost 20lbs last year and now am doing the slim happy belly version. I have lost another 6lbs...but I had gained about 3 back from the first time.
  • ginib
    Options
    What is the slim happy belly version?
  • loriaqui
    Options
    Slim Happy Belly version is one that he designed for women 40 and over. We do two days Fast track and five days regular BFC.
  • ginib
    Options
    I'll have to pull my book out again. I don't recall what the fast track plan entailed. I've been going back and forth with different hings lately and don't seem to be making any progress. I know that limiting carbs and sugars is the answer for me though.
  • kaykayvoodoodoll
    kaykayvoodoodoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    IM SO TORN! I have the book(s) and love the concept but am terribly afraid of gaining weight! ive read cases of people gaining 3 pounds a week on this!
  • ginib
    Options
    I've not heard that. It's basically a low carb plan since the most you could have is 120 carbs and 15 grams of sugar in a day. Not sure why you would gain weight on that. I like it because I can still eat what I like, I just have to account for it. What surprises me is the hidden sugars and carbs. Say for example in cottage cheese - 1 cup of 1% has 6 carbs and 6 gr. of sugar, but it also has 28 gr. of protein.

I'm trying to get refocused on this, while combining it somewhat with Choose to Loose. Not sure how it's going to work, but I like parts of both plans.
  • loriaqui
    Options
    Basically, Fast Track was zero carbs. And the regular on was the s/c values of 15/6.
  • kaykayvoodoodoll
    kaykayvoodoodoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    today is my day 2 :) so far so good :) ,,, i had someone tell me that this was like Atkins i explained it wasnt at all since induction on atkins is 20g of carbs and this is 6 SERVINGS have any of you tried atkins
  • ginib
    Options
    It was a very long time ago that I tried Atkins and I know it has changed quite a bit. Glad you're doing okay with the plan. After totally falling off for a few days, I'm back on track myself. Haven't checked out the Fast Track info yet. Loriaque - thanks for letting me know abut zero carbs. Not sure I can handle that. Even no-fat plain greek yogurt has 7 carbs. That's my 3:00 snack most days at work.
  • loriaqui
    Options
    It was a very long time ago that I tried Atkins and I know it has changed quite a bit. Glad you're doing okay with the plan. After totally falling off for a few days, I'm back on track myself. Haven't checked out the Fast Track info yet. Loriaque - thanks for letting me know abut zero carbs. Not sure I can handle that. Even no-fat plain greek yogurt has 7 carbs. That's my 3:00 snack most days at work.

I have to agree...the fast track days are harder for me. Also, anything under 5 carbs...does not count because it is not enough to affect your body. I don't remember which book explained that.

And I did atkins too! However, I think BFC is a better and healthier way to go.
  • kymmitut
    Options
    I'm still here. I love eating this way, and am constantly afraid it's going to "stop working". So far so good, although my weight really fluctuates. It's not like I'm losing consistently every week, I lose a lot, then creep up again, then down, then up, then way down. Etc.

I've been eating this way since May and got blood work done last month. Awesome results!
  • plaz58
    plaz58 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been on BFC and myfitnesspal since August 2011 and lost over 35 pounds - and maintaining current weight. I agree this is a lot better than Atkins and my bloodwork was excellent when done in June 2012.
  • snowman8wa
    snowman8wa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just starting BFC; was doing well in 2011, BP down, CHO down, lost 30+ lbs, then SCRRRREEECHHHH! grinding halt.....we joined a gym and was really getting into shape cardio wise. Had follow-up bloodwork done after the holidays and "Flying ***** Slap!" CHO back up and that is doing 120 + miles on a Espresso bike a month, weights and other cardio machines at the gym at 30-Min intervals. I've been between 236-244 for most of 2012.

So now we are back on MFP and going to use the BFC to get us jump started.....any tips would be greatly appreciated......Thanks
  • cstanesic
    cstanesic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see that people are still using this diet. My book is literally in the mail! I have been reading everything I can online while I wait for it. I could lose up 20lbs. but by hubby has much further to go. I have been doing WW on and off since my son was born (17 years ago). The plan has changed so much and it has been a while since I've had any real success with it. I found that I always 'worked" the system by using points for things I should not have had. I think the BFC will be good for my husband and I since it is a little more restrictive. My husband is also mildly wheat intolerant so I think this might settle his tummy issues too. I am starting with the Fast Track plan. Does anyone have experience with this book?
  • msnique2
    msnique2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I just found this group and am SO EXCITED that it exists! I've done the BFC on and off for several years, but have never stuck to it . Even when I wasn't doing it consistently, I always tried to make conscious choices in regards to sugar and carbs.

I'm happy to know there's a group that's following the BFC.
    FYI..... Today is my first day back on the plan. My goal is to shed some pounds (specifically in my belly), exercise regularly and eliminate my high blood pressure. To sum it all up, I need a lifestyle change.

I look forward to chatting! :love:
  • cstanesic
    Options
    My book came today!! I have plowed through more than half of it and I guess it didn't occur to me that there would be no carbs/sugar calculations in it. The Fast Track is just a meal plan. He REALLY suggests that you follow the meal plans as written. Can anyone tell me about their experiences the the FT meal plans? I am a enthusiastic cook and I know I could make his recipes without trouble but he says to..FOLLOW THE MEAL PLAN. I think we can stand it for two weeks. Thoughts?
  • summer0680
    summer0680 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm starting the BFC today. Can't wait to cheer each other on!
  • cstanesic
    Options
    I am so glad to see other people coming into (or back to) this group. I was sort afraid that the BFC was "so last year". As with most fitness/dieting trends I know that people want NEW! I had read about many different plans before choosing this one for my hubby and I. The more I read, the more I think we have made a choice. We are only on day two but it feels great to be proactive when it comes to our health. I hope that next week is full of happy posts regarding success on the scales and off!
  • cstanesic
    Options
    Okay, I have just had the first meal on the Fast Track plan that is grossing me out. I do not think I will be having cottage cheese again. The walnuts were not a help either. I need to choke this down so I can go yoga but ugh!