New and Limited so help may be needed :)

Options
AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
I just started using the Medifast Plan around Thanksgiving at the suggestion of my nutritionist who is a Medifast coach and had seen a lot of success with Medifast and clients like me recently. I had gastric bypass in 2001 and as you can see i have lost a good bit of weight and I have been up and down a few pounds here and there but my biggest hurdle is the 300 mark. I have been over 300 pounds since i was in the 4th or 5th grade and I am having a very hard time convincing my body it should go below 300 again. I got there (294 was my lowest as an adult) for a month or so in 2011 but it didn't last long and now I am really trying to do this again. So Joey my nutritionist thought Medifast would be a good way to help me get my metabolism going again and a way to help me stay on track and make it easy for me to eat the 6 small meals a day that I am supposed to. I have allergies to wheat and soy so I am very limited in the number of Medifast products I can eat so we devised a plan using common foods and Medifast meals at first to get me used to eating the calories and the 6 times a day again and now I am moving into the plan more with more of the Medifast products. My bariatric physician came up with a 4-2 plan and added more to the morning meal to bring me to a calorie count of 1200-1400 depending on my workout that day. I workout some days up to 700+ calories and those days he wants me eating closer to 1400 cals by adding more protein (shakes or meat).

Replies

• tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on losing so much weight and taking that step to do it. Also, welcome to Medifast! My husband and I are doing the program and it is awesome! It has been a life changing experience for me. I didn't really have that much weight to lose but for me it was getting on a program that would change my lifestyle and Medifast has done that for me. I have learned that I can survive without having bread, potatoes and pasta and the world does not end. I am going back to the gym and am going to take a course to become a personal trainer. Some of their food just isn't that great, but for me it was the structure of the program and that is what has gotten me through to this point. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can get through this together.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I found ways around the bread(I use ground flax-make my own) and potatoes(use mashed cauliflower) a few years ago and I eat my other meals Paleo/Primal, but I had gotten so far in a hole again I knew I needed something drastic to get me back on track and this seemed a good way to do it. I like the products I have tried so far. Since I am limited to so few I am glad the ones I can have taste good at least. :laugh: