1 week down

Options
The rest of my life to go!

I'm not using anything but I have an inhalator if I get really bad cravings. I've been really good this week though, only a couple of cravings, no mood swings and I've still managed to lose weight this past week! Feeling really positive about all this.

How are you getting on?

Replies

• busybee507
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 but so far so good. Hubby is quitting with me. Yesterday we went to bed without speaking, just a hug. We weren't fighting but we just couldn't seem to speak to one another rationally. And the water works (from me) were a little ridiculous!

Today was much better!

I am using the Nic Gum for when the cravings get really bad. It's too nasty to just use every single time I think I want a butt. So today I've only had 2 pieces of gum and I'm feeling pretty good.

Overall, I haven't been too "snacky". I'm not craving food or some sort of hand to mouth replacement - Thank God!
  • nroseberry11
    Options
    One week moke free.....however that also means alcohol freen :( I have realized that alcohol is my major trigger and although I ama social drinker I have realized I cannot be around it in my early stages of cesasion, thus I have retreated to my house! I never knew smoking would turn me into a hermit!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4... So far So good....going cold turkey, tried the patch and gum before and didn't work for me...keep it up ladies!!!
  • mecagney
    Options
    Today is one week for me.
    I've been taking chantix(no crazy side effects). Also Tom so I'm Bloated, but feel pretty good and happy to be a non smoker! I've been getting myself redy for this for almost a year. I I friended alcohol last January and started MFP in march I think. Anyway I have learned to be disciplined and am much happier with my life.
    My husband is still smoking but that's ok. I couldn't quit til I really wanted it, no one could convince me it was worth it. Now I'm worth it!
    Have been lazy with my food options allowing myself junk as long as I don't go over.
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    One week down this morning. By not smoking 35 cigarettes, I have saved $14. I'm not getting too excited because I've made to to 1 week so many times before. I know the real test is still ahead of me.