Weird cravings?

Options
MissXFit13
MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
Hey! So I'm almost a week in, and I'm starting to have weird cravings. At the moment, I'm dreaming of chicken liver pate. Weird, because I've only tried pate a handful of times in my life, and while I enjoyed it, never felt a true need to consume it at any time.

Currently searching the internet for Whole 30 friendly pate recipes (I miss you, bacon).

Anyone else having weird cravings at this point?

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    That IS weird haha! I've just been craving almond butter. I've mostly held off but I did have some almond butter on celery last night
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Saw this the other day...

http://whole9life.com/2013/01/whole30-timeline/

are you perhaps around day 8?
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Currently searching the internet for Whole 30 friendly pate recipes (I miss you, bacon).

You can have bacon! It is just hard to find one that is made without sugar.
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Since I have to be gluten free and dairy free (except ghee) all the time, my regular eating habits aren't too drastically different from paleo, though this is WAY more meat than I usually eat. So my weird craving is WATER! I'm thirsty all the time. I don't cook with salt. Whenever I consume lots of meat, I find myself regularly parched, despite drinking even more than my usual generous volumes of H2O.

I do remember when I had to give up gluten cold turkey -- I do NOT envy any of you going through those cravings! That was INTENSE! I just kept telling myself my health is more important than a piece of bread/biscuit/bowl of oatmeal, etc.
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That IS weird haha! I've just been craving almond butter. I've mostly held off but I did have some almond butter on celery last night

Yep. I usually eat a ton of almonds and have had to actually sit down and plan alternatives. I am definitely eating more veggies, so YAY!!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just find it so weird. I have no cravings for muffins, cereal, cookies, dare I say, even chocolate. I don't know who I am anymore!

Maybe my new TOM cravings is organ meats...

I'm officially turning into a cavewoman I guess.