Is anyone in misery?

Options
bjs06
bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
How is everyone doing so far? Are you having any mental or physical side effects? And if so, are you finding it gets better or if you've done it in the past - will this **** pass? lol

I've been eating like **** for a few months so my body is really not pleased with the whole30 changes - it's pretty restrictive and my body craves for anything but what is allowed. im having head aches and NEVER satisfied. Did you have any of that at first? has it passed? I'm kind of looking for someone to be like "yeah..it **** the bed at first but now i feel great " so that i dont feel like i have 27 more days of this to look forward to lol

i used to eat healthy and my junk food consumption was in moderation and im hoping my body will be like "hey! i remember this kind of food! i like you" and cut it out with the ****ty feelings. for now i feel super deprived and agititated - i could punch someone in the throat.

am i alone here? its ok if i am lol

Replies

• lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    IT WILL PASS LOVE I *PROMISE*!!!! <3333
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    You are currently going through the carb/sugar flu....it gets soo much better. I swear I feel like I'm on drugs when the whole 30 high hits...and it's all NATURAL!!
  • bjs06
    Options
    I have hope it will get better aha. It's good to hear someone say it though! lol
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I feel horrible and am on my 5th day. I was not eating healthy prior to it and keep thinking about all the food I can't eat. Like you said, I keep craving what I can't have! I am going to give it a little longer, geez I am totally craving a cold beer too, crazy!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Stick with it ladies! You can do it! Think about all the fantastic foods you do get to eat! Try new veggies or meats! Unlock new discoveries!
  • bridgetgerrity
    bridgetgerrity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just get through the first week!!! I remember I had constant headaches, but then they went away and I felt amazing!

GOOD LUCK! :):)
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat sugar (except naturally occurring in fruits) and I've had to be dairy free since 2003 so I'm not suffering headaches or anything, but then again, I fell off the wagon last night. I ate dosas (fermented lentil crepes - Indian food) without even thinking about the fact that they're off limits! ARRRRRGH!!! Now I have to start all over again! At least it was only Jan 3rd...

I'm prepping this coming week's meals this Sunday - all of them! - so next week should be so much easier!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have a killer headache, and I'm only on Day 2! I didn't think it would hit me this hard, because I had been eating a primal diet for the past few months. I fell off the wagon with sugar over Christmas. That must be it.

I suspect the ridiculously un-Whole 30 meal I ate the night before I started might also be a culprit. Ugh.
  • bjs06
    Options
    I'm sad to hear other people are feeling it but it's good to not feel so alone - I have hope that it will get better. Today was good - no head ache all day, no cravings all day and such a better mood! Tonight I'm feeling snacky but I will get through that. Im keeping hope!
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ive been having lots of nausua, headaches, tiredness and such and due to going to a fitness class at 9 I had branflakes for breakfast this morning which made me feel completely fine, but now back to start :(
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey there Friend -

Read this! It will fill you with hope and patience. It breaks down how the Whole30 will feel day-by-day. : ) Straight from the horse's mouth!

Best of luck and keep up the hard work and dedication.

http://whole9life.com/2013/01/whole30-timeline/