Week 1 Brides Distraction - Location, location, location!

Options
2»

Replies

• isabettak
    isabettak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We're having a destination wedding (our families live all over the US) and we're getting married in Turks and Caicos! It's coming up so soon May 2013. I'm very excited! The only issue is that it's really far away from a lot of people so we're not going to have as many people show up. But, it's made planning pretty laidback! I'm excited :).
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My fiancé and I chose a popular wedding venue in New Windsor, NY about 35-40 minutes from our home. The ceremony and reception will take place at the venue. The ceremony will most likely be in the indoor gardens, which has two waterfalls and a gazebo, although we do have the option of getting married outside. I fell in love with the venue when I saw it online and at our first visit but i made him tour a bunch of other venues before we booked it. The reception room has a stage where the dj will be set up and there is an elevator in the stage which rises from below & how we will make our grand entrance. It is lavish and spectacular and I am so excited to get married there. It will be beautiful! The only con was that we had to guarantee 125 people and we are not sure we are going to make that many. Our guest list is about 200 people but im afraid many won't be able to make it.

http://www.piernine.com <-- here's the website incase anyone wants to see pictures!
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    We just booked a few days ago. We're getting married in Anderson, SC at a small old inn called Bleckly. The ceremony will be held outside in the courtyard and the reception will be in a very old cement floored barn. It kind of mixes the industrial style we both like and a more old world feel that seems very romantic to me. ^^
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I loooooove reading about you guys' wedding plans!!

We're getting married in a beautiful garden in Sausalito, CA, and the reception will be upstairs in the hall.

The pros are that it's the perfect garden venue I've always dreamed of, it's in a lovely neighborhood and has a beautiful view of the San Francisco bay area. We get to provide our own caterers and alcohol, which helped out a lot for the budget. The major con is that we have noise restrictions, but that's okay for me because I have several musician friends who will play acoustic sets during the reception :)
  • abrewer563
    Options
    My wedding and reception are going to be at the same place. I'm hoping to do it at Top of the Bay on the Chesapeake Bay on the military installation where I work. pros: the view is breath-taking, its a government building so you don't pay taxes, cheapest venue around. Cons- secure gate which makes it more difficult for guests to get on base, they don't have an inclusive price for the bar- its a pay per drink kinda thing which makes budgeting more difficult, we both work on the base so it doesn't feel as special (to him at least) as an external location
  • AML04143
    Options
    We are having our reception in Beverly Farms, MA at Misselwood. We're getting married in August and I grew up on the beach in MA so I knew I needed to be on/near the ocean for our wedding. It will be outdoors in a large (200 person) white tent on the lawn overlooking the ocean. Hopefully we will have beautiful weather! We are still in the process of choosing the church...it will either be at the church in my hometown where I was baptized or the church my fiance grew up in. Very excited :)

Here's Misselwood's website for those interested: www.endicott.edu/misselwood

View of the tent, inside the tent, and view:

2po8tit.jpg
    oqx9c8.jpg
    24v4roy.jpg
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I have booked ours at Lakeland village in Tahoe already for May 31st 2014. We got a fantastic deal on it, and it was cheaper than anywhere else in Tahoe, AND it was the place that we both knew that it was "the place" as we both got a very good vibe from it :) Originally it was supposed to be $4000 for the Ceremony and the reception, but we got it for $3,000 :) It has some amazing views, and some amazing rooms there. <3 it!
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Wow, all your locations sound amazing! I wish I could come over and celebrate with all of you just to enjoy the atmosphere and those georgeous locations/views! :flowerforyou:

Anyone have another seat or two available at your wedding?!? :bigsmile:
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We are getting married at Foxchase Golf Club, and our reception will be at the same location. Ceremony is outside and then the reception will be inside. Pros are that we don't need to waste time going from one place to another. Con is that we don't get a cool limo or carriage ride! BOO! :-p
  • astepbysteph
    astepbysteph Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We are getting married at the church I have gone to since I was 4. Our reception we just booked on the 2nd at a place called Silverwood Park - it's a regional park with a great slightly rustic building. The rental comes with an outdoor patio and the room has beautiful huge windows. There's a fireplace outside so we will probably do a s'mores bar. :) The reception venue was our first big purchase - makes it feel so much more real since it's still 540+ days away!
  • ibfree1027
    ibfree1027 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have chosen my location yet but I want an outside wedding! I am going to check out some of our options tomorrow morning and I am super excited!!