Day 2 - HIIT - Power

Options
Just previewed this - I am looking forward to doing it, but OMG it looks a bit scary! Am getting up early tomorrow so will have to dig out my very dusty and little used weights tonight...

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    This one was FUN! I enjoyed getting back to lifting weights and can see myself increasing them over time. Can't wait to do this one tomorrow either.
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ok, I loved the first half of this workout, but didn't make it through all the Burpees. I did keep moving and jumped right back in with the hover work though. I was a bit (very) sore when I woke this morning but now feel loosened up. Hope I stay that way!
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wasn't my favorite, especially the burpees, but I muscled through it. I didn't realize you needed weights but found 2lb dumb bells I had sitting in my closet. Need to pick up some heavier ones. Are dumb bells the only weights needed for this series? Any other equipment?
  • drlaurafsu
    drlaurafsu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I liked this one a lot! I did better about pacing and I think it will be better when I move downstairs to the basement for these workouts so I can jump around more freely. I did the weighted part with 8lb dbs. But probably need to rummage around the basement for the heavier ones for later in the program.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Morning Gang! Glad to see you all posting and engaging with each other! Burpees are my nemesis for sure. I did the first 2 rounds modified and then said "what the heck" and banged out 4 of the level 3 version (with plyo jump after the burpee) just to see if I could do it. I think this workout is one that I may grow to love once I get all the moves down. Right now I have to stop and watch the screen before moving on so I understand what I'm supposed to be doing.

I did Les Mills Pump Hard Core Abs afterward and that went pretty well. I also ordered the Combat Ultimate Warrior dvds so I could mix those in. I may end up mixing in a couple of days from the Ultimate version calendar as we progress. The package costs less than $30 and with my 25% coach discount it came to only $22. Now if they would just sell the Combat gloves so I could pick those up I would be set. :laugh:

Combat 45 on tap for tomorrow...I think you guys are going to really like this one!

Have an awesome day
    Sharon
  • Corinne_S
    Options
    Ouch! I've no idea how Sharon managed the level 3 burpees (go girl!) - i couldn't keep up. I enjoyed it, but I definitely have somewhere to aim! Didn't manage to get up early either, but I still fitted it in...
  • telcochik
    Options
    LOL it's thanks to Shaun T and Insanity! Now that's a seriously hard core program. I'm proud I graduated from it but it will be awhile before I think about going through those 60 days again!!! :noway:
  • cmkell87
    cmkell87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did HIIT 1 last night with the Inner Warrior DVD, I have the Ultimate Warrior set. Those Burpees were intense! I didn't realize how much push up/planking type things that were going to be involved. I broke my hand 2 years ago and had surgery on my hand and wrist. Though it is healed and doesn't hurt anymore it does get "tired". I am fine doing push ups it is when I have to use 1 hand at a time in plank type situations.I will be making some modifications, I just want to see the best results as possible from the workout...
  • telcochik
    Options
    HIIT 1 is the only workout with burpees to my knowlede...although it's possible HIIT 2 also includes them since I haven't previewed that one yet. Modifiy modify modify...that's the name of the game until you're ready to take it up a notch. You'll still get an intense workout but it's ok to pace yourself!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I did the Hiit Power workout last night also, and I was able to use my 12lb weights through the whole workout. When I tried this workout last week I had to go down to 10lbs for the last couple of shoulder press sets. I figured if Dan could pick up 30's, I could stick with the 12's. :laugh: I couldn't go as fast as they do during the burpees, but I did the double hop option. Not tempted to try the jump option like Sharon did. :wink: Sharon, I agree with you on Insanity. I also finished the program, I have done a few of the workouts since then, but they have a dread factor for me. I'm looking forward to finishing this rotation though.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this one with my 20 lb dumbbells. It's killer. I did Shock Plyo this AM and used the 25 for the one weights portion of it. Really gets the body going.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I used my 10 lb dumbbells until the last section of shoulder presses when I had to go down to 8s. I had great success upping the weights over time during both Les Mills Pump and Chalean Extreme so I expect I'll be doing the same for Power HIIT 1 over the course of 60 days.

Don't get me wrong about Insanity. I loved the program and the results I achieved in strength and endurance but I did a 2nd round a week after completing the 1st and by the time I got to week 7 my left knee constantly ached to the point where I couldn't finish the last week and a half of workouts. It still aches now at times but I'm just starting to get back to doing some plyo work, although sometimes I still have to modify to get through HIIT 1.

I'm excited to see progress. I hate the first week of any new program because I'm too impatient with myself for not being able to complete the routines all the way through. :grumble:
  • hashleyh83
    hashleyh83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm on week 2, day 2, so I also had HIIT this morning. I am in total agreement with everyone on the burpees! One of my least favorite exercises and I definitely have to do the modifications, but I'm looking forward to a time when I can power through them all at level 3.

I'm doing the Ultimate Warrior schedule, so I also had Inner Warrior Stretch & Strength today, which I really enjoy - it helps loosen up all those tight muscles and I feel so much better afterward!
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think I might be the only crazy one who LOVES Burpees!!! When you're done with them, you're body is like yep! That worked!

I hate lunges though

:grumble: