Hack squat question

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
So, I tried to get a video of my hack squats this morning but I think the guy thought my phone was on camera instead of video because all I have is about ten 2 second clips. So . . . I have a few questions about hack squats and have some pictures of the videos (hopefully I can figure out a way to get a proper video for a decent critique this weekend)

How do I keep the bar from getting caught on my hamstrings and under my bubble butt? I keep having to hunch my shoulders on the way up and down, and I don't know that's normal:

Down position:

downposition_zpscee2b04b.jpg

Mid-range position:

midrangeposition_zps25732d0a.jpg

Up Position (bar is noticeably invading my *kitten* space making it difficult to stand straight until I swing the bar away from my body):

upposition_zps209c0b32.jpg

Replies

• 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That was too awkward for me too. When PHAT calls for Hack Squats, I cheat and use the Squat Machine instead.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PFHtq5XO8
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing your TM headband? LOL
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing your TM headband? LOL

Proudly! I can't stand to have sweat running in my face so I wear sweat bands when I exercise as if it's the 80's.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i have never seen that b4. i thought hack squats was done on a machine. looks like some sort of reverse deadlift. curious to see what others have 2 say.