Newbies??

Options
2»

Replies

• Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started the program yesterday. I'm definitely sore today but it's a good kind of sore. I'm already excited about starting Workout B Wednesday.
    same here on all counts......started yesterday, a bit sore today, but ready for tomorrow!

Same here... first workout yesterday... sore and scared as h** about recommended calories...
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi -

I just started the program yesterday and I am NOT sore...which I am bummed about. I think I may need to increase my weights for my workouts.

For squats - are you all using the bar or the smith machine or barbells? I get yelled at because my form isn't perfect so I am nervous about hurting my back. Also, I work out by myself so I don't want to get myself in a pickle.

Looking forward to going along with this journey with you all....we should continue with this note to share tips/experiences...

Carrie
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I used the dumbbells and did the exercise with the one arm overhead at 5# and one arm in between your legs at 10#. I wasn't sure if we were just supposed to do plain boring ones for this stage or not. Hmmmm...
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I just started on Monday 01/07/13. The plan is to workout at 5am M,W,F and use my trainer for at least 1 session of A and B for each stage to get the jist of the moves. My gym is dead at 5am so that's nice.

Not so nice? Feeling ill, from either pushing my body when it isn't used to morning workouts (I used to be night only) or drinking a protein shake so early in the morning (my body doesn't really like breakfast to begin with), or a combination of the two. Felt sick after Monday's workout. :( Hoping that my body will adjust with time.

It is a new year. We are going to be beasts in the weight room. WE GOT THIS!!!!! :D
  • morkiemama
    Options
    Hi! I just started the program yesterday. I'm definitely sore today but it's a good kind of sore. I'm already excited about starting Workout B Wednesday.
    same here on all counts......started yesterday, a bit sore today, but ready for tomorrow!

Same here... first workout yesterday... sore and scared as h** about recommended calories...

I'm a tad sore, but not sore enough imo. I'll have to up my weights next workout. However, I was focusing on form and not really weight the first time around. :)

I second the scared as s*** about the recommended calories. I did find that I was hungry enough yesterday to eat them all though. :P lol
  • morkiemama
    Options
    Hi -

I just started the program yesterday and I am NOT sore...which I am bummed about. I think I may need to increase my weights for my workouts.

For squats - are you all using the bar or the smith machine or barbells? I get yelled at because my form isn't perfect so I am nervous about hurting my back. Also, I work out by myself so I don't want to get myself in a pickle.

Looking forward to going along with this journey with you all....we should continue with this note to share tips/experiences...

Carrie

If you are having problems with form, the smith machine is a good place to squat if you are alone. It can help you learn the proper form and it also has safeties built in if you don't have a spotter.

I would recommend practicing squat form without weights if your form isn't up to par. They have techniques where you put a chair behind you or use a wall. If your form only goes off track when you add weight, I would recommend asking for help fixing it either from a trainer or another gym patron.

I have a trainer because I don't trust myself to know if my form is correct or not. Once she gives me the ok, I will work it on my own. :)