Starting Now?

Options
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone recently started the carb cycling way of eating. I started yesterday and really like it. I was down 3 lbs after the first day, but know that is mostly water. :)

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Awesome on the loss... even if it is just water! :)

I'm back on track today. Since June I'm down 47 pounds with CTL... and love it. Check out my blog if you are interested in my journey.
  • I'd love to read your blog! Can you point me to where I can find it? Thanks! :) Monica
  • Meanica922
    Meanica922 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow...downloaded the vemmabode app....can't wait to get started
  • Yay! :)
  • cardonut
    cardonut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Debra and am doing the CTL diet too. I prepped food the past couple of days but will officially start tomorrow!
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Welcome to the group Debra!
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am just starting today.
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    I officially started Monday. I'm finding I have to adjust some things, like my meal timing & how it fits into my daily schedule. I might have that figured out now, I'll know for sure today. Also, I really think my portions are just fine, but I haven't felt hungry at all & infact Monday & Tuesday I couldn't fit in my 5th meal. I tried, but I just was full & I definately don't feel like I've lost anything (infact, I might have gained) I think all this has alot to do with the meal timing, so hopefully that has been fixed. I'm really hoping to see some results in a week or 2!!
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    I officially started Monday. I'm finding I have to adjust some things, like my meal timing & how it fits into my daily schedule. I might have that figured out now, I'll know for sure today. Also, I really think my portions are just fine, but I haven't felt hungry at all & infact Monday & Tuesday I couldn't fit in my 5th meal. I tried, but I just was full & I definately don't feel like I've lost anything (infact, I might have gained) I think all this has alot to do with the meal timing, so hopefully that has been fixed. I'm really hoping to see some results in a week or 2!!

work on your meal timings.. and on HC days don't expect to be able to eat all the healthy carbs, and all your veggies. In fact, in the book Chris says it is just fine to not eat as many veggies on HC days since you are likely bulking up on them with the LC days.

My philosophy is that I as long as I get complete nutrition every 48 hours I'm in good shape! :) So, if I go smaller on the veggies on a HC day it's just fine.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I started on New Years Eve, and came down with a cold the same day. Got over that, did really well that week. I started this week off pretty good, but then on Tuesday, I came down with the flu, 100 - 102 fever for the last 4 days, finally broke this morning, hopefully is going away. So this week I didn't do much of eating anything, high carb or low :)

I don't know if it has anything to do with CTL, but I don't seem to have a taste for sweets now. I made some cheesecake Jell-o pudding thinking it'd be soft to eat while sick and it was too sweet. My husband brought me a sweet tea from Popeye's, again too sweet. Someone posted a picture of a decadent chocolate cake on Facebook and it didn't even look appealing. If that's what one week of CTL did, I'm on the right track. lol
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    It sounds about right. When I follow CTL closely, I don't need hardly anything to make it sweet. This is nice because a good 'ol fashioned "cutie" orange does the trick now. :)

Granted, I went on a "sweet binge" over Christmas... no where near as bad as I have done in previous years, but by far it was the most sweets I've had since june in a 2 week period. I'm looking forward to being back on the "healthy side of things" and going back to CTL basics. I felt good... which I never thought would be possible without a daily, or at least weekly piece of chocolate. :laugh:
  • cardonut
    cardonut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Been at it for a few days now. I haven't been perfect, I've had several missteps and cheats along the way but I've learned a key lesson this week. I NEED TO BE PREPARED!! it's all about the planning. I just bought new containers so today I'll focus not just on cooking meals but having everything pre-measured and ready to heat and eat!

While perfection would be nice, I want to focus on making positive life-lasting changes so this week I'll work on better meal planning, drinking more water and exercising!

Hope everyone else is a having a great week!!