January 8, 2013 Challenge

Options
Today's challenge is to get at least 30min of cardio in :) Your choice - walking, dancing, treadmill, elliptical, whatever you like :)

How's everyone doing this week? Are we staying on track? I've been doing good other than last night at dinner I overindulged a little on sushi. Not to justify it but I'm glad these days that I'm overindulging on things like sushi and not fast food like I used to :)

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is such a thing as over indulging in sushi! Well, unless it's the fried tempura kind, but tuna rolls are not near as bad as french fries!

I'll def. be getting this in. Day 2 of Turbo Fire, it's about 40-50 minutes of cardio today!
  • cmotting
    cmotting Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AHH! SUSHI! I haven't had in so long. Mostly because I moved back home to a small town and there is no where around. But I would definitely be over indulging if I had some :)

I am doing well! The hardest part is when I don't get home until late a couple of nights a week. I make a healthy dinner but I am so hungry while I am cooking I start snacking on whatever, and then eat my dinner. So I am full and filled some not so good choices sometimes. But, I am learning so much and controlling instances like that so much better.

Keep up the great work everyone! :)
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is such a thing as over indulging in sushi! Well, unless it's the fried tempura kind, but tuna rolls are not near as bad as french fries!

I'll def. be getting this in. Day 2 of Turbo Fire, it's about 40-50 minutes of cardio today!

That's some intense cardio!!!
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    AHH! SUSHI! I haven't had in so long. Mostly because I moved back home to a small town and there is no where around. But I would definitely be over indulging if I had some :)

I am doing well! The hardest part is when I don't get home until late a couple of nights a week. I make a healthy dinner but I am so hungry while I am cooking I start snacking on whatever, and then eat my dinner. So I am full and filled some not so good choices sometimes. But, I am learning so much and controlling instances like that so much better.

Keep up the great work everyone! :)

Being healthy around a work schedule, etc. is difficult but I'm glad that you are finding healthier ways to do it :)
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    So I logged my sushi for last night, it wasn't as bad as I thought and somehow I was still under my calorie allotment. Not to say that I should do it regularly but I won't feel so bad if I do it once in a while. Especially since I'm sick and TOM came to visit, it was not a good day.

Anyone have any interesting healthy dinner recipes? I'm trying to spice up my eating as I've gotten into a rut of eating the same boring things.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Glad the sushi didn't over board you, I didn't think it would. :) Sushi is one of those few things that it isn't bad as long as you're not getting it fried! I can chow down on some spicy tuna rolls!

Here's my dinner plan tonight.

Salmon (skinless) marinated in a little bit of low sodium teriyaki grilled topped with some garlic and pepper.
    Rice with some powdered ginger.
    Bok Choy sauteed in sesame oil and garlic.

Also! I did my HIIT 15 and Stretch 10. It wasn't 30 minutes total, but it was high intensity and took my breath away! lol
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I got in my cardio for the day. 45 minutes was my grand total before i had to crash to enough zzz's for work.
  • mochadivine
    mochadivine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey hey Vixens! I got 50 mins of cardio in. I'm actually ahead of schedule for my 1500 workout minute goal for jan... excited about that. Have an awesome night all... btw.. I LOVE SUSHI... YUM!