Welcome to all things Wisconsin

Options
JamesThiel
JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
Hey all, I was impressed at the number of us in MFP. I thought we might help each other out and share information.
Jim

Replies

• megant53214
    megant53214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I was impressed at how many there were too!
  • stealthfry
    stealthfry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can a ex-sconnie join? If she still cheers for the Packers? :)
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

*******For those of you that live in Central/South Central/South East Wisconsin. *******

Looking for walkers/runners to possibly form some groups for 5ks this year. Some would be obstacle 5ks:

Dirty Girl - women only
    Lozi Lu - women only
    Run for Your Life - all
    Color Run - all
    Spartan - all
    Warrior Dash - all

I havent looked up dates but I know there are these HUGE ones plus dozens of other lesser known (local charity) 5ks all around from Kenosha to Madison. My husband and I are going through C25K right now (2nd time as I had surgery in May in week 9 and had to stop) and I'm very interested in doing some 5ks this year. I want to be a RUNNER!!!

Just putting it out there. I would be cool to have an MFP group for something like this!
  • megant53214
    megant53214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

*******For those of you that live in Central/South Central/South East Wisconsin. *******

Looking for walkers/runners to possibly form some groups for 5ks this year. Some would be obstacle 5ks:

Dirty Girl - women only
    Lozi Lu - women only
    Run for Your Life - all
    Color Run - all
    Spartan - all
    Warrior Dash - all

I havent looked up dates but I know there are these HUGE ones plus dozens of other lesser known (local charity) 5ks all around from Kenosha to Madison. My husband and I are going through C25K right now (2nd time as I had surgery in May in week 9 and had to stop) and I'm very interested in doing some 5ks this year. I want to be a RUNNER!!!

Just putting it out there. I would be cool to have an MFP group for something like this!

I would be on board with that - I've only walked in 5k before, I don't think I'll ever want to be a "runner" for any more distance than a 5k - I think that would be a distance that you could do relatively casually if I get myself in decent shape? I know nothing really about running so I could be wrong, but I would definitely like to give it a shot!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options

I would be on board with that - I've only walked in 5k before, I don't think I'll ever want to be a "runner" for any more distance than a 5k - I think that would be a distance that you could do relatively casually if I get myself in decent shape? I know nothing really about running so I could be wrong, but I would definitely like to give it a shot!

I dont know that I'll be able to run the whole thing myself. But its the accomplishment of completing!!!

I think it would be great fun to "represent" MFP as a group too! :happy:
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for the add! :) It's always great to connect w/others here, but especially fellow 'Sconnies!

I'm Jenn. 33 and from northcentral WI.

I've been a WW lifetime member for almost 11 years now. I lost 65lbs on the program and continued to maintain that - within 5-10lbs - till I got pregnant this past August. I, however, still want to use MFP to keep me on track even through the pregnancy. Lord knows, after all my hard work of taking off the weight and maintaining it, I don't want to have to start ALL over again once baby arrives [due date of May 8th].

Look forward to getting to know you all!
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Dirty Girl - women only
    Lozi Lu - women only
    Run for Your Life - all
    Color Run - all
    Spartan - all
    Warrior Dash - all

Another great Wisconsin one is the Door County Half Marathon & Nicolet Bay 5K, which are together and both ran in Peninsula State Park in DC. Hubby & I did the Nicolet 5K as our first 5K together last spring and LOVED it! It's such a beautiful run thru the park/bay and it was VERY organized! And bonus, you can make a weekend of it and enjoy all the other great things Door County has to offer.
    Sad we won't be able to do this this spring, with me being preggo, but definitely look forward to picking it back up next year!
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Pam from Southwestern WI. Just started the C25K program this week so in 8 weeks I should be ready for my first 5K. Glad to see so many people from WI being healthy.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Howdy all,

Kurt from Sheboygan Wisconsin and hopefully soon moving to Bowler (house has to sell). Just an FYI that there is a Wisconsin group on here already, not sure if you want to merge with that one. It's not got much action.

Go Pack Go!!!
  • AmySegalle
    Options
    I'm from Marshfield and I'm doing Tough Mudder again this year. I walked it last year and I'm so glad I did it
  • Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    North Western WI here!
  • AJHornik
    AJHornik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Central WI :) I will be doing the Taking Steps Against Violence Run/Walk this year in May. I should add it's for The Women's Community!
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash last year and will be doing it again. It's a blast! I highly recommend it to anyone who can walk it or run it. If interested, let me know so we can meet up!
  • krystlebri247
    krystlebri247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greetings From South Eastern Wisconsin !!
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Dirty Girl - women only
    Lozi Lu - women only
    Run for Your Life - all
    Color Run - all
    Spartan - all
    Warrior Dash - all

I live in Milwaukee, and I'm thinking about doing several of these as well! I did Warrior Dash last year and it was so much fun. It fell on the same weekend as Dirty Girl, but if that doesn't happen again I'll likely do both. I do better with the obstacle races, as I'm not a super strong runner, but I'm working on that. If you're near Milwaukee the Rock & Sole sounds pretty sweet.
    I think there are different distances (5k up to half marathon I believe?) and it goes over the Hoan bridge, plus a Summerfest ticket is included! A bunch of my friends have done it the past few years and I'm hoping to be able to join in this year.

Feel free to add me. Living in the beer and cheese state, we need all the support we can get :)
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Just joined. From Chippewa Falls, WI - then moved to Eau Claire, WI - and now in Wausau, WI! Wanted to find a WI group since I've been struggling with doing this and dealing with winter this year!
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Alyssa! I live near Madison. Hate the month of February! But it's almost over....

Are you making some progress? I'm trying my damndest but see little change.
  • JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey Alyssa, I work in Marshfield, but live 30 miles west of Marshfield. I walk all winter, I enjoy snow shoeing and just walking during the winter months. I haven't dropped a lot of weight, but the measurments are going down !