Looking for support in San Antonio

Options
Hi Yall!!! Well I just moved to San Antonio and I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a local support group for sleevers or just wls folks in general. With all the food here I'm thinking I might need on but I've looked and I'm not really finding anything promising. Soooo if you know of one that is open to the public I'd really appreciate hearing about it. Thank you
Sara

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew of stuff in that area--I know more about Houston and Beaumont. Lots of stuff in Houston--the BEST being Dr. Matthew St. Laurent.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My surgeon's office has a support group but I can never go because it is always on Saturdays and I work weekends. Most of the surgeons have office based support groups Who did your surgery? I am in SA also....NW side of town close to Seaworld. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like :)
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm in SA and had my surgery through the San Antonio Miltary Medical Center. They have a couple of really good support group meeting but you have to be miltary affliated to attend.
  • sara7860
    Options
    Awyatt69 ....thank you anyway and for responding :-). We actually almost chose to be transfered there instead of here. I've been really suprised at not finding any open support groups in such a big city as San Antonio.
    Sara
  • sara7860
    Options
    Onaughmae... we live in the nw/far west side too and can actually see the rides from sea world from here! I had my surgery done in Tyler which is about half way between dallas and shreveport by dr beall...he and his staff are awesome btw. They had support there but I never felt the real need to go to any since I lived in such a small town with no real food options, but this place is a whole other story! Do you know if your surgeons office will let people come who didn't have their surgery with them? Thanks you for responding :-)
    Sara
  • sara7860
    Options
    Cbbarge...sadly we aren't military affiliated. Good to know they have good ones though for whoever else might be looking in the area! Thank you :-)
    Sara
  • Mstexas98
    Mstexas98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    stay strong. I just moved from SA to Seattle and that place is full of buffets and restaurants to eat. I lived on the NW/West side also and was bombarded every day! I wish I knew someplace for you, but if I hear, I will let you know.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Awesome Sara....we are neighbors! I live off of Potranco not far from that high school. As far as I know it is open to his patients, I will ask though :) He has an online support on facebook and I will ask there. I do belong to a couple of online support groups, but it would be awesome to have some face to face time also.
  • sara7860
    Options
    Mstexas98...thank you I'm trying lol. We do avoid buffets like the plague since my hubby and myself have both had the sleeve done but sometimes we do end up going due to others wanting to go one. I'd much rather go some place and have some good for me left overs to take home and eat on about four more times or so lol. Thanks again....hope you enjoy Seattle!!
  • sara7860
    Options
    Onaughmae...We truly are neighbors! We live off of Potranco as well in the Brycewood addition. Thank you for checking it out for me :-) Like you said online support is great and I love it! But face to face would be awesome!
  • Andrewimm
    Options
    My wife and I both had RNY surgery through Methodist Hospital's Health for Life Center. Its on Fredericksburg Road by the Medical Center. They have a support group that meets in the evenings but we haven't been able to go as we are in New Braunfels and cant make it with our work schedule. I would contact them and ask if you could attend. The number is 210.575.8111 I hope it works out for you.
  • sara7860
    Options
    Thank you so much for responding I will definitely call and check it out! Good luck to both you and your wife with your weight loss!