Favorite Clothing Stores

Options
Blakelynn3
Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
Assuming that we're all going to be dropping weight this year, we're going to need some new clothes! If I find myself losing weight rapidly I'll probably shop somewhere inexpensive, but I do like to stay somewhat on trend. :) Where do you like to shop? I don't have many plus-sized clothing stores close to home so I end up doing a lot of my shopping online. A couple of my fav's are Maurices and Debs. Lane Bryant is ok, they're just too dang expensive!

Replies

• mairinosteen
    mairinosteen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I really like Nordstrom's and Dillard's (at least when they are having a sale). I get pants from Lands End, which is online. Avenue is a good place for basics (so if you are loosing weight fast they would be a good place to pick up something). Talbots has a good plus size section for business clothes. I also sometimes get clothes at Lane Bryant, Torrid, Macy's, JC Penny's, and I comb through Amazon.
    FYI I like shopping :laugh:
  • jdawn120191
    Options
    Actually, I really like Walmart clothes.. maybe it's because it's the only store within 30 minutes of my house :P
    Also loooove Aeropostale, Debs, American Eagle & Khol's
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy except that their plus sizes are online only and sized strangely, which sucks since you can't try them on first. I also like Target for inexpensive clothes. I go to Fashion Bug or Lane Bryant when I need to be more dressy. Sometimes Avenue. I really wish we had a Cato here, but we don't.
  • grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like Kohls and JC Penny. Also Old Navy on occasion, Dillards if I can find a good sale, and of course some from Walmart too. I'm a little sad our Fashion Bug just closed at the end of the year (It was the closest, besides Walmart, to my house). As much as I like shopping online I don't buy much for myself online because i never know if it is going to fit. I do like some lands end stuff too though.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Op shop or Kmart. I loose so fast that clothes only fit properly for a few weeks.
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant, Cato, Target, Kohls and sometimes JCP
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Its so sad. I have like one pair of size 22 jeans from Old Navy that fit. I refuse to buy more. Everything is too long, too big in the butt to fit my stomach, etc. etc.

And I swear, I have only worn T-shirts in the last 2 years because I'm too fat...
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    torrid, macys, lane bryant, old navy. i'm addicted to old navy's tamis - kind of like tanks, kind of like camisoles. love love love love them! macys and lane bryant have good professional stuff, like for work. and i only wear cacique bras which i buy at lane bryant. but my absolute fave go to is torrid. omg i love torrid. i have these sweet red zebra skinny jeans from there, and some nice lace tops and strapless tops and omg dresses. and boots. seriously. i love torrid.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Catos is my all time fave!! But I am starting to love maurices.
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Old navy, but it is only online which can be a pain. Avenue, and Eloqui which is Limited's plus line. Kohls has good clearance racks. Torrid for something sexy.
  • Verla7
    Verla7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Fashon Bug, however they were purchased by Dress Barn and they are closing all the stores :<( so sad! I am really looking forward to loosing all this weight so I will be able to just shop anywhere! I love to shop, and am really looking forward to that day!
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love shopping. I have spent over an hour in just the Torrid at the mall trying on clothes. The bad side is that even their clearance items can be expensive, so I try really hard to only go during the big sales.
    I love JC Penney, too. And Old Navy. Their sales clothes are total steals. :)
    I loved Goodwill when I lived in Wisconsin, because I could find larger sizes that were still in good, new-ish condition. However, the GW's in Illinois are depraved of nice plus-sized clothes. :'( There's also Savers, which is similar to Goodwill, and TJ Maxx.

I plan on wearing my "fat clothes" until I drop significant sizes. I'll buy brand new, amazing clothes when I get to a size I feel like I'll stay at. I've always been a clearance rack kind of gal. :D
  • zoraiya
    zoraiya Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cato and Torrid have always been favorites -- but I am really looking forward to shopping somewhere else other than those and Walmart. I have a job interview tomorrow, and should all go well I plan on saving 20% of my checks from now until I hit my goal weight, and having a huge shopping spree and day out to celebrate when I get there.

I am also a sucker for printed tees -- I have a shirt from Teefury(.com) that I bought last year that I can't fit into yet, hoping to be able to fit into it by Thanksgiving (as it is a How I Met Your Mother 'Slapsgiving' shirt). I could see myself buying 1-2 new shirts a week from them after I hit my goal. They don't have ladies shirts in any size other than S/M/L/XL, so currently I have a few male XXLs. Will be glad when I can wear a smaller size -- just hope the girls fit!
  • KatArceneaux
    Options
    I like Land's End for my most of my everyday and looove IGIGI by Yuliya Raquel for everything nice (e.g. dress for my sister's wedding to maxis for a spa girls' getaway) I live in a rural area and shop online mostly. Both of these stores are great about returns/exchanges and IGIGI just really understands the various plus-size woman's body types. I will order from her until I'm too small ;) hehe
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in a rural area so shopping for clothing is a day long venture when I go out.

There is a Walmart that isn't very far away, but I don't shop that store because of the economic damage it does to small businesses and it's treatment of employees. I know several people who have worked there...don't get me going.

Kohl's is the closest store I'll shop at. They have excellent sales.

Catherine's has some nice clothing but I don't usually find much to match my style.

Lane Bryant usually has stuff I like but I don't feel I"m getting a good deal when it comes to the pricing.

Jones New York carries a range of regular to plus sizes. Their selection is limited and can be pricey. I do like many of the styles there and find their sale prices to be good.

Van Heusen for Women is fantastic if you hit a Factory Outlet. Last time I went they had an 80% off sale!

What I can't wait for is to get out of plus sizes and into the consignment and thrift shops! My current hobby is refashioning items from the thrift shops. I loves me some cable knit sweater pillows!