What's your cardio routine?

Options
keyoniej
keyoniej Posts: 4 Member
I usually hop on the elliptical trainer for about 50 min each time I hit the gym. I love the elliptical because I get good results. In 50 min I can burn about 500 calories if I go hard. I want to mix it up a little but I don't burn as many calories on the treadmill as I do the trainer unless I run on it and I don't really like to run quite frankly.

What do other's do to burn calories? For cardio routines?

Replies

• Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I teach Zumba a couple of times a week in addition to teaching I love the elliptical as well. And twice
    a week I take a sculpt and sweat class. I agree more calories are burned on the elliptical.
    I can burn about the same on the treadmill if I walk at 4.0 while increasing the incline every 5 mins.
  • PinkP1971
    PinkP1971 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey my MFP friends!!

When I get to the gym, my cardio routine is usually...

45 mins on the treadmill between 3.0 mph to 3.4 mph...then on the elliptical for 30 minutes doing the "weight loss workout" session going form resistance 1 to resistance 8....often I either get back on the treadmill for about 20 minutes or get on the bike.. All in all, I spend about an hour and a half in the gym doing my cardio workout.
  • keyoniej
    keyoniej Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I really loathe the treadmill. I have to go at a 4.0 or higher to really burn. I've taken a couple spinning classes and love those but I need a heart rate monitor to really gauge calories burned. I love Zumba also!
  • Gillian1913
    Gillian1913 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    At this moment I in addition to Body Pump 2x a week I Zumba 2x and Spin 1x and run on the treadmill once or twice a week. :noway:
  • silkeywilkey
    silkeywilkey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike on a trail for about 60-90 minutes. If its cold or raining, I connect my bike to a bike trainer and ride inside watching the 24 series on Netflix.