Day 2

Options
Ok so its only day 2 and the first week will be the easiest.
Ive downloaded cessation nation app which updates you with how much life youve saved, money ect. Not for everyone but i like it.

I find it quite odd as its been something ive done for a very long time everyday. I forget for a split second and have a twinge thinking- i think ill just go...NOOOOO i dont do that anymore. Ive escaped, im free and it disappears instantly.

Im quite excited in hoping that my skin is going to get better.

Just wanted to share, if anyone has anything they want to share go ahead :D

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Ok so its only day 2 and the first week will be the easiest.

I thought the first week was the worst! Day 3 was where I hit bottom and it ever so slowly got better after that. I was practically a different person by week 2.

It is strange to realize "Oh right, I am now a nonsmoker!" but such a good feeling. I quit over 6 months ago and can't tell you how relieved I was a few weeks ago when around the holidays a group of friends went outside in a wind/snow storm to try and grab a quick smoke. I said "Damn! I have never been so happy to not smoke anymore!"

Your app sounds like one I use (QuitNow) and I find it very helpful. Even now that the cravings are mainly gone I still like to look at it once in a while to see how much $$ I have saved!

Congratulations on your decision to quit. There will be some rough days but it is sooooo worth it!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    day 3 now, not missing it. Ive never really decided im doing it before. Stopped for about a week once and by the end of the week i got annoyed, made lame excuses to myself and smoked. No excuses this time.
    Well done to you :)
  • alexdiachok
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up.

Funny thing I realized a few years back. I had just been laid off in '08, and the job market was terrible. Took me almost a year to land another job in my field.

One thing I noticed, though: out of all the interviews I went to, I would have a cigarette before (sometimes hours before) the interview.

The job I finally landed: I didn't smoke that day, and my suit was fresh from the dry cleaners! Coincidence? I don't think employers like to hire smokers, especially if they don't smoke.

You really don't realize how much someone stinks like a dirty ash tray until you have quit smoking!