New Rules of Lifting for Women

Options
I just bought the New Rules of Lifting for Women, I was just curious if anyone in this group has been successful while using this? I thought I'd post here because I know in the regular community forum I'd get a ton of feedback and it would be hard to weed thru it all.

Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• kluginbill1
    kluginbill1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for just over a week and it makes me really sore, so that must be a good thing! It's pretty fast too which I like...I can finish it usually in around 30 min if the gym isn't busy. I've been able to up my weights too, so I must be getting stronger! I haven't really noticed any physical changes yet, but like I said, I've only been doing it for about a week.
  • abrewer563
    Options
    I've been doing it for just over a week and it makes me really sore, so that must be a good thing! It's pretty fast too which I like...I can finish it usually in around 30 min if the gym isn't busy. I've been able to up my weights too, so I must be getting stronger! I haven't really noticed any physical changes yet, but like I said, I've only been doing it for about a week.

Awesome, thanks!
  • Fit_Is_Fabulous
    Fit_Is_Fabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm lifting, but not following NROLFW. My FI is an athlete, so he's been like my own little personal trainer. I'm so freaking sore all the time.

Keep up the good work, everyone on MFP who lifts seems to have excellent results!
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    I have the book and started it on my own for a couple of weeks but then I paid for a PT to show me how to do the exercises properly and now I seem to be not following a proper routing - but I am planning on going back to NROLFW when I run out of money for the PT :laugh:

I loved the fact that it was a really quick workout but apparently it gets more complicated/longer in the later phases! Let me know how you get on, I might join you when you're halfway through the first phase :-) It's definitely a cool program!
  • Tinker1208
    Options
    I actually have never heard of that book. Sounds interesting though! I like going to Body Pump at the gym. Its a great class and is about an hour. You work your back, abs, arms. I might get this book, though, because I do want to lift more! I need wedding dress arms!!!! I used to play volleyball and my arms were great! I need to get back to that! haha
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    NROLFW is a great all body workout, so you get to use every muscle group with two different workout days - and it is set up in a way that you can see results (i.e. being able to use higher weights) quite quickly! I really like the fact that it focusses on compounds movements rather than small muscle groups, always was a fan of one-does-all exercises - and it just makes sense when you read it :-)
  • abrewer563
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input! I'll let you know how it goes for me. :)
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have the book too--I just need to get a trainer or someone to coach me through a proper dead lift. I know a few people who've hurt their back doing them and I REALLY want to avoid that!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Yes, I've done it and I LOVED IT! If you have any questions let me know!
  • abrewer563
    Options
    Yes, I've done it and I LOVED IT! If you have any questions let me know!

Thanks! I still need to actually read it.... Haven't had any time!