NSV (Non scale victories)

Options
I thought I'd create a thread for NSVs and pin it so we can go back and review our successes!

Replies

• Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I logged over 12000 steps on my pedometer! (That's about 6 miles!!) 2 miles were walking the track. I did almost another mile by intentionally moving more when I normally would have stood still.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    can this be inches?
  • gettinfit320
    gettinfit320 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    NSV are important! When I lost my 50 lbs, I lived by the scale only. But often when exercising heavily, the scale will reflect a gain for various reasons (adding muscle, fluid, etc) measurements are VERY important. Because when the scale doesn't reflect a lose for a while, measurements may be smaller. So yes count!!

Started back on the exercise path!! Commited to winning this battle.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 10 inches in 8 days!!!
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    lol I have just slipped a size under my mum, so i gave her all the clothes that are too big for me and she gave me all the clothes that are too small for her. So now I have a new wardrobe for free, not exactly what I would have chosen for myself, but it will keep me going for 6 weeks or so :)
  • c2hrist3a
    c2hrist3a Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    As dumb as this is, I went to dish up my dinner tonight and looked and put some back because it was more than a serving...never done that before.
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    lol I have just slipped a size under my mum, so i gave her all the clothes that are too big for me and she gave me all the clothes that are too small for her. So now I have a new wardrobe for free, not exactly what I would have chosen for myself, but it will keep me going for 6 weeks or so :)

hooray for smaller (and free!) clothes!!
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    As dumb as this is, I went to dish up my dinner tonight and looked and put some back because it was more than a serving...never done that before.

That's not dumb! It's awesome! Way to go!
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    I have lost a total of 10 inches in 8 days!!!

Congrats! I've lost 8 inches all over so far and it's almost more exciting than seeing the scale going down. haha!
  • titomax
    titomax Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had not heard of NSV. It is a good way to start.
  • gdneff
    gdneff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV. Being able to do that will not only help in the weight loss, but once you got to maintenance as well.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I have decided this is a NSV for me. Yesterday instead of taking a nap I walked 1 mile. I walked 3 miles total and did 30 day shred. For someone whose previous exercise was walking to the car, I feel this is a NSV. :)
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm a Girl Scout leader and at our Leader's Meeting yesterday they passed around cookies to taste. I said, "No, thank you." Not because it was cookies. I allow myself treats from time to time. But because it wasn't in my meal plan for the day and I wasn't hungry (imagine that - lol!).
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    I need to celebrate a NSV today because I'm feeling frustrated that I haven't lost any weight so far this month. However, I lost another 1/2 inch off my waist and an inch off of my hips. So, I guess there is SOME progress. Hooray.
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
    I'm a Girl Scout leader and at our Leader's Meeting yesterday they passed around cookies to taste. I said, "No, thank you." Not because it was cookies. I allow myself treats from time to time. But because it wasn't in my meal plan for the day and I wasn't hungry (imagine that - lol!).

I'm a Scout leader (it's mixed in the UK). I'm teaching them all the Gangnam Style dance. Great exercise!

I managed to fit into a smaller size of jeans. I have bought some the next size down from that, so I will be wearing a lot of baggy clothes until I make the next jump!
  • watchthis1970
    watchthis1970 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My non scale victory for the week is that I exercised four times this week at the YMCA. My husband exercised with me. Two days we walked for 30 minutes and then lifted weights for 30 minutes one day and 40 minutes the other time. Two other days are we did our own version of water aerobics and swam some, one day for 30 minutes one day for 40 minutes.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    We went on a road trip last weekend and I was under my calorie goal the whole time!!
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm a Scout leader (it's mixed in the UK). I'm teaching them all the Gangnam Style dance. Great exercise!

My daughters troop (middle school) would love that!
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Scrubs were loose today!!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Scrubs were loose today!!

Awesome!