looking for trans friends

Options
I'm a femme trans man, no-T pre-op. Just looking for other people who're dealing with the same things around gender/weight.

Replies

• SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a femme identified wife of a transman. I've always struggled with weight but am so close to goal! Only more recently have been struggling with presenting so hetero in appearance, I am sure it comes up in other trans relationships. Thankfully my husband isn't so rigid as general population perception and he's pretty open.
    Anyone else can add me as well.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey, hey- I would love other trans friends as well. Please feel free to add me!
  • Jakedenver
    Options
    FTM here! New to the group. Need to get back on this weight loss. These girl hips weight distribution play with my dysphoria. I am up for friends on here so add me if you would like.
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    I am friend-able. Please commence with the friending.
  • Ooh_katiekates
    Options
    Genderqueer here. Feel free to add, I need friends!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Transmasculine :) Friend away!
  • shrinking_cylon
    shrinking_cylon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Genderfluid here, feel free to add :3
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    FTM here! New to the group. Need to get back on this weight loss. These girl hips weight distribution play with my dysphoria. I am up for friends on here so add me if you would like.

Off topic, but to your point about girl hips.

My gf is not trans, but very butch and masculine presenting. With her weight loss she struggles more with her hips showing then they did when she was bigger. So interesting to me how we carry it differently.

Also, Love my trans brothers and sisters, always up for friends to encourage.
  • rabbitrage
    rabbitrage Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't identify as trans* but genderqueer femme here.
    Hi everyone. :)
  • Songmartine
    Songmartine Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am queer and a lifelong supporter of all trangendered people. My biological parent is a female to male transgendered individual. I am proud to be a part of a multi orientation family. Please feel free to add me!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Ok so a question (brought on by a good convo w/ Andy): what pronouns do people prefer?
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ty cm and im curous about this also
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just another femme showing support! My partner is ftm so I've seen the pain of disphoria from another perspective. I hope you make a lot of friends on here who can help support you on your journey!
  • shrinking_cylon
    shrinking_cylon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Genderfluid here, feel free to add :3
    Ok so a question (brought on by a good convo w/ Andy): what pronouns do people prefer?

"She" or "They" pronouns are good with me c:
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options

Thank you for that reminder! How about you?
  • cmeiron
    Options

I use she/her. I fall under the trans umbrella because I am female with a masculine gender identity: I do not identity as "male" or a "man". I found this definition useful, because I struggled to put my finger on my situation for some time (not "trans" in the typical sense of FTM, yet not typically female/woman):

"Those who identify as transmasculine, as opposed to simply as FTM or a man, trans or otherwise, often place themselves masculine of center- that is, they identify more closely with maleness than femaleness, and generally desire a physical appearance that reflects this identification, but do not identify as wholly male or as a man". (from GenderWiki)

That said, "they" is fine and I'm pretty tickled when I get "he/him" by people who don't know me (except in public gendered washrooms - that gets awkward :grumble:) or when people use typically masculine terms to describe my appearance (I don't want to be "pretty"; I'd rather be "handsome" :blushing: ). I get "sir"-d and "buddy"-d often and that makes me :happy: .

The way my body has changed in the last year or so (especially the last 4 months) has REALLY helped me feel more comfortable about my appearance/gender presentation. Not all that long ago, I ordered a binder online (chest dysphoria was creating a lot of anxiety in public). It took a long time to get made and shipped...and to my surprise I found that by the time it got here I didn't really feel like I wanted/needed to wear it any more. I see threads on the main boards all the time that are like O NOES MY BOOBZ R GONE and sometimes I think I must be the only person who is THRILLED that they're gone :laugh: (they could keep on going, tbh, wouldn't miss them a bit). Now if my body would just start letting go of these hips....:grumble:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    interesting, anyone can add me.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options

I use she/her. I fall under the trans umbrella because I am female with a masculine gender identity: I do not identity as "male" or a "man". I found this definition useful, because I struggled to put my finger on my situation for some time (not "trans" in the typical sense of FTM, yet not typically female/woman):

"Those who identify as transmasculine, as opposed to simply as FTM or a man, trans or otherwise, often place themselves masculine of center- that is, they identify more closely with maleness than femaleness, and generally desire a physical appearance that reflects this identification, but do not identify as wholly male or as a man". (from GenderWiki)

That said, "they" is fine and I'm pretty tickled when I get "he/him" by people who don't know me (except in public gendered washrooms - that gets awkward :grumble:) or when people use typically masculine terms to describe my appearance (I don't want to be "pretty"; I'd rather be "handsome" :blushing: ). I get "sir"-d and "buddy"-d often and that makes me :happy: .

The way my body has changed in the last year or so (especially the last 4 months) has REALLY helped me feel more comfortable about my appearance/gender presentation. Not all that long ago, I ordered a binder online (chest dysphoria was creating a lot of anxiety in public). It took a long time to get made and shipped...and to my surprise I found that by the time it got here I didn't really feel like I wanted/needed to wear it any more. I see threads on the main boards all the time that are like O NOES MY BOOBZ R GONE and sometimes I think I must be the only person who is THRILLED that they're gone :laugh: (they could keep on going, tbh, wouldn't miss them a bit). Now if my body would just start letting go of these hips....:grumble:

Thank you for sharing this! I have a thriving community of trans friends here, but don't know that I've ever heard the "transmasculine" term used before. I think your description fits the experience of many of my loved ones, who generally prefer all the trappings that are assigned to the male gender but don't have the desire to "be" male or transition. Our diversity is fascinating, and the language we develop as times and options change...

All of my partners have been masculine of center and have experienced similar body anxiety, specifically related to the chest and hips. Every person doing fitness has to deal with the balance of self-love and self-"improvement" but these factors add a whole new level of complexity.

I'm a she/her. I also perform as a drag king. Another lover/supporter/ally here, always open to feedback if anything I say is triggering or not inclusive. Thanks for being open!
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Cisgender female here. 50 years old. new to MFP.

I have a close friend who is post-op FtM who is becoming a weight loss team-mate.

Is there any difference on the calorie count, exercise formulas, etc. for gender?

I've heard that men, in general, lose weight differently and more rapidly than women. Where do our FtM friends fit on that spectrum?

And how should he set up his MFP to track his progress?

Thanks,

phyl
  • cvilain13
    cvilain13 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Cam, I'm 18 years old and genderqueer. :) Some days I bind and present as male, and other days as female. So glad there's a community within this website for people like us!