I want muscle

Options
I lost some weight and am now at 117lbs, time to put on that muscle. I have a naturally high metabolism(when I'm active) and not much of an appetite. I'm finding it hard to get the calories I need, but am managing.

Replies

• duran9987
    Options
    Hi, Im in the same boat... My day is jammed pack, so much that sometimes i forget that I'm hungry! and god knows i need the calories. I have recently started drinking smoothies in the morning and i sneak about a half a cup of oats, flax oil, and other healthy high calorie foods. It taste just like it sounds but it gives me about 700-800 extra calories.
  • notyourkimmy
    notyourkimmy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My days haven't been too busy lately, but I still forget to eat lol. I should start drinking more smoothies, I just hate having to clean my blender all the time. Plus fresh fruit is hard to come by this time of year around here. I eat a half cup of oats and half cup of grape nuts with ground flax seed and stevia every morning. I'm trying to keep it clean, but sometimes it's hard to get all those calories eating healthy.
  • jrjchow
    jrjchow Posts: 10
    Options
    I've gained 13 lbs, dropped body fat, gained muscle in 12 months. Went from 114 to 127.5 lbs at 5'7".

The habits that really turned things around for me:

- Eating enough protein for muscle maintenance and gain (I eat about 1-1.5 grams/lb body weight)
    - Eating enough good fats (avocado, whole eggs, lowfat cottage cheese, olive oil, coconut oil, nut butters, fat in lean meats)
    - Eating enough calories over my BMR
    - Eating real food (no protein bars, no juice, nothing processed)
    - Eating lots of leefy greens and broccoli
    - Drinking water, lots of water
    - Strength training...lifting free weights, cable machines
    - Cardio...sprints, walking, very minimal long runs