Feeling a little frustrated!

Options
cristeberga
cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
Hello ladies,

I am feeling a little frustrated because I have been working so hard doing CLX and I am yet to see some results in my mid-section area. :cry: I know that this is one of the hardest areas to tone.

I went shopping yesterday and although I look good in clothes, I don't look good without them. :blushing: The Skinny Fat Syndrome. :sad: I think that I need to up my calories, but I don't know what a good number for me is. I am not afraid of seeing the scale go up, as long as I am doing it correctly and adding more muscles than fat. I am also finding it hard to keep my protein high. I do drink a protein shake after my workouts, but it is still a bit lower than I would like it to be.

Is there anyone doing CLX who is short? How many calories did you eat?

Here are my statistics:

CW: 101
Height: 4'11" (59 inches)
BF%: 18%

I use calipers to measure my BF, but I am not sure I do it 100% correctly. However, I have done it 3 times in 4 months and it seems to be going down. To be on the safe side, I would say I am between 18% and 20% BF.

I have been averaging about 1500/1600 a day, but according to several websites that help us calculate our TDEE, I should be eating 1800 to maintain. That is if I select "moderately active" - Besides doing CLX, I am a teacher and I am on my feet most of the day.

I am even wondering if I should drop the cardio from CLX and keep the 3 lifting days only. What do you guys think?

It is not sagging skin that I have, but fat, around my mid-section area. :ohwell:

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Cristina

Replies

• Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have much advice for you as I'm still trying to figure it all out for me. I still have the belly fat to get rid of as well. I can feel the muscles underneath but I've got to burn that fat off. One reason why I'm trying P90X to change things up. I've read a lot on the forums and from other sources as well that the main way to get rid of the belly fat is in your diet. I'm trying to clean ours up but it isn't easy. I've also heard HIIT workouts helps. Just what I've read or heard on my DVDs.
    I am upping my calories again. Seems like when I increase calories I begin to lose again. I had lowered them after getting my FitBit thinking I wasn't burning as much as I thought, but I think I need to increase so I'm going to give it a try again.
    Keep working on it. I figure I didn't put the fat on my belly in 6 months-year I shouldn't expect it to come off any faster but I will get it gone. Try to think long term and try to keep your chin up, you will make it!
  • cristeberga
    Options
    I've read a lot on the forums and from other sources as well that the main way to get rid of the belly fat is in your diet. I'm trying to clean ours up but it isn't easy.

This is my problem. I am trying to make small changes, but it is NOT easy at all. Adding protein (a lot of it) is not an easy task either. To make things worse, I CAN'T cook. :sad: I try, believe me, but it is a challenge for me.

Thanks for the support. Yes, I CAN do this and I KNOW it will take some time, but I will take whatever it takes to make the changes that need to be made. One day at a time, right? :smile:

Thanks again!!
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am short and doing CLX. I have noticed muscles forming in my abs. I have found that the key (for me anyways) is to really engage my abdominals while doing ab burner and ab extreme. I also do abs about 4 times a week. I've been eating 1200 calories.
  • cristeberga
    Options
    I am short and doing CLX. I have noticed muscles forming in my abs. I have found that the key (for me anyways) is to really engage my abdominals while doing ab burner and ab extreme. I also do abs about 4 times a week. I've been eating 1200 calories.

Thanks, deanabailey!!

My core is definitely my weakest spot. After reading your post, I made sure to REALLY engage my abs during the workout this evening. :wink: Although I am very conscious about form, I think that I let it slip sometimes. Another thing is that the CLX calendar has only one day with an Ab workout per week. Maybe I should add 2 more days of Abs. This is really something to consider. I remember that I did abs every other day when doing P90X.

As far as calories, I was losing on 1400/1500 and honestly, at 101 pounds, I don't think I should lose anymore. My husband is starting to complain. :blushing: :bigsmile: I did some research and several websites gave me 1800 calories a day to help me build muscle and burn fat at the same time.

I don't know exactly what to do, but I have been reading everyone's responses and tips, doing some research, and will do some experimenting for a while. We will see what happens. :smile:

Thanks again!!
  • deanabailey
    Options
    If you are not looking to lose more weight and just maintain and tone up and your caloric intake has you maintaining then I would leave that alone if it's working. What phase of CLX are you in again?. I think everything starts to lean out/shed more body fat in the lean phase. I've heard you can do abs every day. Really engaging my abs (belly button to the floor) and keeping my lower back on the floor has given me a better ab workout. When she uses the weights in the abs, what lb weights are you using? At 101 lbs, I can't imagine you have alot of mid section ;) but I can understand wanting to lean your abs out.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I feel your frustration!!! There are times where im like: "Is this even working??!" and there are time where im like "Damn I feel so TOUGH!" hahah but majority of the time I dont know if I am even getting results. For starts the scale has gone Wacko! I have not lost a pound and I am fluctuating anywhere from 143-145!!! I just want to be friggin 140 again! thats only 5 lbs!!!! Why is that sooooo darn hard!

Second of all I dont feel as ripped as I should me and I do think it has alot to do with my eating. I think I have also been too little. I already upped my calories and am now eating 1750 without exercise. With my ChaleanX workout it brings it up to 2000!!! Of course I feel starving all the time so I am happy to eat those extra calories. I think my body is screaming for more food!!

I know that im getting toned but its just not happening....I wont give up though. I have 3 more weeks of lean then im onto the Lean for life phase!

I guess we just have to stay strong and stay committed! We all feel unmotivated sometimes but we can do this! Imagined if we stopped altogether. Doing this is helping us stay in shape.
  • cristeberga
    Options
    If you are not looking to lose more weight and just maintain and tone up and your caloric intake has you maintaining then I would leave that alone if it's working. What phase of CLX are you in again?. I think everything starts to lean out/shed more body fat in the lean phase. I've heard you can do abs every day. Really engaging my abs (belly button to the floor) and keeping my lower back on the floor has given me a better ab workout. When she uses the weights in the abs, what lb weights are you using? At 101 lbs, I can't imagine you have alot of mid section ;) but I can understand wanting to lean your abs out.

I am on week 3 of Lean for Life Phase, and I must say that I did see great results during the Lean phase. It sounds weird to say that I weigh 101 pounds and still do not have visible abs, but this is true. My obliques and the top abs look nice. In fact, I am starting to see some definition in the area. The mid-section, right around my belly button is the problem area. :ohwell:

As far as weights, I usually use the same Chalene does, or a little less. I am going to definitely add some more Ab workouts to my program.

Thank you so much for your input. It is nice to know what works for one person and try to tweak it to make it work for us.

Cristina
  • cristeberga
    Options
    Hey girl! I feel your frustration!!! There are times where im like: "Is this even working??!" and there are time where im like "Damn I feel so TOUGH!" hahah but majority of the time I dont know if I am even getting results. For starts the scale has gone Wacko! I have not lost a pound and I am fluctuating anywhere from 143-145!!! I just want to be friggin 140 again! thats only 5 lbs!!!! Why is that sooooo darn hard!

Second of all I dont feel as ripped as I should me and I do think it has alot to do with my eating. I think I have also been too little. I already upped my calories and am now eating 1750 without exercise. With my ChaleanX workout it brings it up to 2000!!! Of course I feel starving all the time so I am happy to eat those extra calories. I think my body is screaming for more food!!

I know that im getting toned but its just not happening....I wont give up though. I have 3 more weeks of lean then im onto the Lean for life phase!

I guess we just have to stay strong and stay committed! We all feel unmotivated sometimes but we can do this! Imagined if we stopped altogether. Doing this is helping us stay in shape.

Hey,

Thanks for your input.

Yes, I agree with you about our frustrations. However, WE will not give up. Fitness will be a part of my life like brushing my teeth in the morning is. :smile: Changes will happen, but we need to be patient.

We are definitely heading the right direction. :wink:

Cristina
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    My obliques and the top abs look nice. In fact, I am starting to see some definition in the area. The mid-section, right around my belly button is the problem area. :ohwell:

This is me! I can see some definition in the same places but can't seem to get rid of right around/under my belly button. I can feel strong abdominal muscles underneath, but don't feel like any of that fat is leaving!:mad:
  • cristeberga
    Options
    This is me! I can see some definition in the same places but can't seem to get rid of right around/under my belly button. I can feel strong abdominal muscles underneath, but don't feel like any of that fat is leaving!:mad:

I went to the website below and I found my TDEE.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator

This other website also gave me something close to 1800 calories a day.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/

What I liked the most, though, was what I read. As a goal, on the first website, I chose "gain muscle, lose fat" since I think that the jiggly part around my belly button is fat. After inputting all my numbers, I read the following message:

"You might be losing fat at a rate faster than is indicated if you are adding muscle mass at the same time by doing a weight lifting program in conjunction with your fat loss program. For example, if you have set your goal to be "gain muscle, lose fat" then although your scale weight remains the same you can be gaining muscle and losing fat at the same rate. The only way to know your true progress is to use a skin fold caliper to measure your bodyfat percentage accurately".

That gives me hope that upping my calories and lifting heavy will help me shed the little bit of fat around my belly button as I build some muscles.

What do you ladies think?
  • Larisonlj
    Options

I went to the website below and I found my TDEE.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator

This other website also gave me something close to 1800 calories a day.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/

What I liked the most, though, was what I read. As a goal, on the first website, I chose "gain muscle, lose fat" since I think that the jiggly part around my belly button is fat. After inputting all my numbers, I read the following message:

"You might be losing fat at a rate faster than is indicated if you are adding muscle mass at the same time by doing a weight lifting program in conjunction with your fat loss program. For example, if you have set your goal to be "gain muscle, lose fat" then although your scale weight remains the same you can be gaining muscle and losing fat at the same rate. The only way to know your true progress is to use a skin fold caliper to measure your bodyfat percentage accurately".

That gives me hope that upping my calories and lifting heavy will help me shed the little bit of fat around my belly button as I build some muscles.

What do you ladies think?

I use both of the sites you listed too!
    It makes sense and that's what I have holding onto.
    You know how when you see someone everyday (or they see you everyday) so they don't notice the changes but someone you haven't seen for awhile notices the second they see you? I think that happens to ourselves a little bit. We see ourselves in the mirror everyday (and you know we are our own worst critics!) so I don't think we notice the changes until it's something like 'my pants don't fit I need a belt' type of knock on the head. :laugh:
  • deanabailey
    Options
    Do you take measurements?
  • cristeberga
    Options
    Do you take measurements?

I do and they do not seem to be going down much. Maybe an inch in my waistline. However, I have gone down on BF%, so something seems to be working. :wink:

I found an eBook cookbook on Scooby by Dave Ruel. I think that Scooby endorses it. It was $37.00 and it had some nice add-ons. I honestly think that the final touch to reach my goals should come from food more than exercise (which I do regularly and I am happy with it). The book has great recipes that are rich in protein, a good amount of carbs, and low fat. I am excited to try some of them and see if that, combined with my exercise routine, will give me the results I am looking for. :smile:

Cristina
  • Larisonlj
    Options

I found an eBook cookbook on Scooby by Dave Ruel. I think that Scooby endorses it. It was $37.00 and it had some nice add-ons. I honestly think that the final touch to reach my goals should come from food more than exercise (which I do regularly and I am happy with it). The book has great recipes that are rich in protein, a good amount of carbs, and low fat. I am excited to try some of them and see if that, combined with my exercise routine, will give me the results I am looking for. :smile:

Cristina

Let me know what you think of it.
    Lori