Anyone ever use Fat Gripz?

Options
So I just bought a pair of Fat Gripz. They are basically grips to turn a regular bar into a fat bar so it causes more forearm recruitment, in turn making the other muscles you are using work harder too. I was just wondering if anyone has these and how often they use them. I don't want to over work my forearms. I bought the Fat Gripz to build my forearms, just don't want to have a negative effect.

Replies

• bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I went in to the gym today and saw a pair hanging off the incline bench. I was pissed because I wasn't doing chest and I wanted to try them out...
  • ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    They're ok. Good for some stuff, crappy for other stuff. Neat to use on curls, utterly useless for pulling motions. So ya, they're cool to mix in on arm day but otherwise mine just take up space in my bag
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    So I just bought a pair of Fat Gripz. They are basically grips to turn a regular bar into a fat bar so it causes more forearm recruitment, in turn making the other muscles you are using work harder too. I was just wondering if anyone has these and how often they use them. I don't want to over work my forearms. I bought the Fat Gripz to build my forearms, just don't want to have a negative effect.

I love fatgripz! I use them every training day. A friend of mine actually gave me a pair as a gift and over time I have incorporated them into my training more and more. They are a great tool for your training tool box if you ask me. Great for working around certain injuries be it shoulder, elbow, wrist..They let you get away from the regular bar training for any number of exercises as well which can help keep you healthier over time. I have had numerous injuries that forced me to make changes to lifts in order to continue doing them and to train through the injury..There are times when the fatgripz help me do just that and with my goals of trying to get bigger and stronger that makes them an extremely valuable piece of equipment to me. A buddy of mine who has a significant shoulder injury has found that an incline press with fatgripz and a thumbless grip has allowed him to press when he otherwise was unable. I also have suffered a significant shoulder injury and these things have really come in handy. DB presses both regular and floor press with these are one of my fav bench press assistance lifts and the floor press variety I do every training day. So they see lots of use in my dungeon.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    yeah they are good.

actually good for some pulling movements...
    like pullups. :)
  • seskovich
    Options

I love fatgripz! I use them every training day. A friend of mine actually gave me a pair as a gift and over time I have incorporated them into my training more and more. They are a great tool for your training tool box if you ask me. Great for working around certain injuries be it shoulder, elbow, wrist..They let you get away from the regular bar training for any number of exercises as well which can help keep you healthier over time. I have had numerous injuries that forced me to make changes to lifts in order to continue doing them and to train through the injury..There are times when the fatgripz help me do just that and with my goals of trying to get bigger and stronger that makes them an extremely valuable piece of equipment to me. A buddy of mine who has a significant shoulder injury has found that an incline press with fatgripz and a thumbless grip has allowed him to press when he otherwise was unable. I also have suffered a significant shoulder injury and these things have really come in handy. DB presses both regular and floor press with these are one of my fav bench press assistance lifts and the floor press variety I do every training day. So they see lots of use in my dungeon.

thanks for the info. I just wasn't sure if using them everyday would over work my forearms, but ill start using them everyday if they worked that well for you.
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Drew Baye did a review on them a while a go, he rated them

http://baye.com/fat-gripz-review/