Dr Who?

Options

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited to see what happens with Clara, Oswin, the impossible girl. A friend called her Moffat's Kenny (you know, from South Park). I really hope it doesn't go that way. What do you all think is happening with the new companion?

Well, Tumblr seems to think she's the daughter of a Time Lord :laugh: and that she's not actually dying, just regenerating.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    My daughter loves it too, we started on The Girl in the Fireplace and then went back and watched them all, she's a HUGE fan now.

Mine too - she's 8 - that's our thing - we watch it on Netflix every chance we get. To the groans of everyone else. :)

Yep, Mine will be 9 in March and much to the dismay of my ex-wife, her very anti sci-fi mother, she wants to watch it all the time when she's not with me :)

We still need to watch the Christmas special, I've been waiting to watch it with her.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    We still need to watch the Christmas special, I've been waiting to watch it with her.

It's good - we streamed it off Amazon a couple weeks ago.

She keeps wanting to start start watching Torchwood - but that seems pretty risque.

I think our next step is to go back and start watching some of the classic episodes.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan again after a 20+ year hiatus .
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    She keeps wanting to start start watching Torchwood - but that seems pretty risque.

Have you watched Torchwood though? I don't think I'd be OK with a kid watching it till in their teens at least. Definitely lots of language and sexuality, and much more intense violent themes. Especially the last two seasons. Some of the stuff Jack had to do in season four still gets to me... pretty disturbing.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options

Have you watched Torchwood though? I don't think I'd be OK with a kid watching it till in their teens at least. Definitely lots of language and sexuality, and much more intense violent themes. Especially the last two seasons. Some of the stuff Jack had to do in season four still gets to me... pretty disturbing.

I shall add this to my list to watch!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand the Doctor Who stuff, as I'd never heard of it LOL til recently. I've watched the pilot of the BBC series and plan to watch more. So is that the 9th you guys are talking about ??
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Have you watched Torchwood though?

I've watched a few from the first season... Having kind of a hard time getting into it.

I guess you could say this about any tv show - but it seems a bit repetitive to me. Like the same formula and same issues every time.

And as far as potential Dr. Who spin-offs go - I'd rather we had followed Rose instead of Jack.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Have you watched Torchwood though?

I've watched a few from the first season... Having kind of a hard time getting into it.

I guess you could say this about any tv show - but it seems a bit repetitive to me. Like the same formula and same issues every time.

I can see that. I don't LOVE Torchwood, but I liked it OK. Seasons 3-5 really are much better than 1 and 2.
  • qterrible
    qterrible Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was a fan of Torchwood. (Not as much Miracle Day because of my love for the old team and all. And how it ended.) But not in a, this is a fantastically written and produced show, but because of the ridiculousness and the characters.
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was a fan of Torchwood. (Not as much Miracle Day because of my love for the old team and all. And how it ended.) But not in a, this is a fantastically written and produced show, but because of the ridiculousness and the characters.

And Eve Myles has a fantastic (insert desirable body part).
  • qterrible
    qterrible Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited to see what happens with Clara, Oswin, the impossible girl. A friend called her Moffat's Kenny (you know, from South Park). I really hope it doesn't go that way. What do you all think is happening with the new companion?

Oh I really hope it doesn't go that way. Also, haven't Rory's numerous deaths been enough? :P The direction Moffat's been taking the show is to make it as grandiose as possible so I wonder how this will turn out.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Well, Tumblr seems to think she's the daughter of a Time Lord :laugh: and that she's not actually dying, just regenerating.
    I was hoping she was Romana but I doubt it now.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    <3<3 Doctor who. I remember watching Tom Baker with my dad back in the day so I got a HUGE kick out of the Sarah Jane episode with K-9.,

My daughter loves it too, we started on The Girl in the Fireplace and then went back and watched them all, she's a HUGE fan now, she even dressed as the 11th Doctor for Halloween. :)

They just showed the entire series of K-9 on SciFi. It's all on my DVR, waiting for me to work my way through it. :D
  • EmilyJackCO
    Options

Isn't that Rory though??

tumblr_llcacjLWB61qa5hg9o1_1280.jpg
  • EmilyJackCO
    Options

All I gotta say is Miracle Day was on Starz for a reason. *rofl* *fans self* Let's just say that I was less than 2' from John Barrowman and James Marsters and DID NOT FAINT. I did get a hug and a kiss from Kai Owen too. D*Con <3<3<3 I'm hoping beyond hope that we get some Doctor Who universe love at the Denver ComicCon in May.

Yeaaaah, I really really hope that there will be another season of Torchwood. I know Starz is still behind it, but the last I heard (from Den of Geek, I think), that Russell Davies was facing some really tough personal issues, so it might be a bit. .
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Isn't that Rory though??

I kinda love this picture. I might or might not have saved it as my background for my iPad.
  • EmilyJackCO
    Options

Isn't that Rory though??

I kinda love this picture. I might or might not have saved it as my background for my iPad.

My favorite is the Doctor Who villans vs. Charlie Brown...

charlie-brown-doctor-who.jpg

I have it up on my wall at work and am the resident Doctor Who trivia geek at work. Proudly. :D My boss's boss came over and asked me some obscure question about the Emperor of the Daleks and we got into a 1/2 hour discussion about WHICH one he meant. :D Davros was whom he meant, but he wasn't the Emperor. The Emperor was never named. I was thinking he meant Dalek-khan.

Ya'll had to get me started, huh? :D
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    it would be nice if they brought back some of the Time Lords or if they used this new character as someone who is similar to some of those old immortals who used to give the Doctor trouble back in teh day. :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

ooooh, I thought about that too & it would be AWFUL ......... I've been watching this series for awhile now (in fact, I'm watching "Doomsday" as I write) ....... my husband would sit next to me & play "FarmVille" and ignore the show ...... but he has gradually come over to the dark side :bigsmile:

tardis_zps589c6229.jpg