1/7-1/13/13 Workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    1-9-13: Turbo 55 EZ: I did this with my sister and we both had a hard time getting through it! We used the "new to class" option, which definitely extends the workout!! We only made it about 45 minutes in and then we were both so exhausted (I chalk this up to it being the first week back to classes after break which means less sleep, and also doing it at 8pm (NOT our normal workout time)). I was disappointed that we didn't make it through the whole thing, but proud that I didn't decide just not to work out at all after my long day.

1-10-13: HIIT 15: I looooove this workout! Today went much, much better than yesterday, particularly because I got a great night's sleep last night. I'm excited to weigh-in tomorrow and to take measurements in February! HIIT 15 reminds me of why I love Turbo Fire and why I love Chalene. The energy is just fantastic.
  • femme62209
    Options
    1-10-13 Workout (Week 3 Day 4 for me)

HIIT 15 -- 150 calories burned
    Tone 30 -- 225 calories burned

Total - 375 calories burned

My thighs were shaking during the Tone 30 and they are STILL sore and I've only been done for about 30 minutes. I'm thinking I may need to do a stretch session to minimize the lactic acid and reduce any soreness. I loved that strength training is being incorporated into the workout though.

Stay encouraged pals! :flowerforyou:

I cannot wait to try Tone 30 (I think I get to in 2 days!) I'm so glad you got a great workout! Great job making it to week three!
  • femme62209
    Options
    1/8/13 Workout:

Turbo Fire HIIT 25 - 250 calories burned!

That was an intense workout, but I felt great after I finished it. I was super proud of myself. I will say that I am kind of looking forward to the rest day tomorrow though. :tongue:

Stay encouraged ladies! :flowerforyou:

I am curious to hear about HIIT 25. I felt that HIIT 15 was really intense and I expected HIIT 20 to be harder, but I was surprised when HIIT 20 felt easier than HIIT 15. In my mind I equate the length of the workout with how hard it will be. Now though, I'm thinking that as the HIIT workouts get longer, they aren't as "in your face" as the shorter 15 minute workout. Any thoughts on this? How did HIIT 25 compare to HIIT 15 and 20?

My workout for today (my 21st birthday!) was to go to Skyzone (an indoor trampoline park) for a Skyrobics class. It was so much fun and super intense! I'll be back to Turbo tomorrow with FIRE 55 EZ. Happy sweating everyone!

Not gonna lie...HIIT25 was more intense to me than 15 or 20. I was breathing pretty hard...you know that breathing where your heart actually feels like it is hurting. Lol! I do like the HIIT workouts better though. I burned 250 calories in 25 minutes some cant complain about that. How did turbo 55 go for you?

I, too, prefer the HIIT workouts better than the longer Fire workouts. I did HIIT 15 again today and it went much better than the first time I did it.
  • femme62209
    Options
    Wow, woke up feeling like lead! ! I can't believe that just 15 minutes of HIIT last night made my muscles so sore.

I am definitely going to enjoy taking a rest day today..

I feel your pain! Who knew that 15 minutes could be SO effective? Great job, though!
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    Week 1, day 4: Fire 30 + Stretch 10
    I really enjoyed today's class! I guess it's because I kept up with the moves almost 100% of the time, unlike on Monday

Looking forward to Fire 55 EZ, although it seems kinda long?
  • Ilene36
    Ilene36 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today was my rest day. I am so sore! I will be doing EZ 55 in the morning.
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    1-9-13: Turbo 55 EZ: I did this with my sister and we both had a hard time getting through it! We used the "new to class" option, which definitely extends the workout!! We only made it about 45 minutes in and then we were both so exhausted (I chalk this up to it being the first week back to classes after break which means less sleep, and also doing it at 8pm (NOT our normal workout time)). I was disappointed that we didn't make it through the whole thing, but proud that I didn't decide just not to work out at all after my long day.

1-10-13: HIIT 15: I looooove this workout! Today went much, much better than yesterday, particularly because I got a great night's sleep last night. I'm excited to weigh-in tomorrow and to take measurements in February! HIIT 15 reminds me of why I love Turbo Fire and why I love Chalene. The energy is just fantastic.

I'm so proud of you and your sister for sticking with it as long as you did on Wednesday. At least your HIIT workout went better! Awesome job! Keep it up!
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    Week 1, day 4: Fire 30 + Stretch 10
    I really enjoyed today's class! I guess it's because I kept up with the moves almost 100% of the time, unlike on Monday

Looking forward to Fire 55 EZ, although it seems kinda long?

Awesome job!!
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    Today was my rest day. I am so sore! I will be doing EZ 55 in the morning.

Hope you enjoyed your rest day!
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    1-11--13 (Week 3 Day 5)

Fire 45EZ Class - 415 calories burned
    Stretch 10 - 60 calories burned
    475 calories burned
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    Week 1, Day 5
    55 EZ class was a killer after a really long day, but I managed to see it through and burn 571 calories.. although I paused my HRM by accident at some point so I think I burned even more :happy:

I hope we can continue to motivate one another and to keep motivating ourselves! I was sooo tempted to sit on my butt tonight after coming home because I was so tired, but it's the first week and I'm really excited about this program. I hope I don't fall off the wagon in a few weeks...
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    1-11--13 (Week 3 Day 5)

Fire 45EZ Class - 415 calories burned
    Stretch 10 - 60 calories burned
    475 calories burned

Nice job!

After having done it a couple of times, I'm a big fan of Stretch 10 :bigsmile: It's so good!
  • femme62209
    Options
    1-11-13: Rest Day

Tomorrow is Fire 45 + stretch! I can't wait because I haven't done this particular workout before! I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes! Happy sweating!
  • femme62209
    Options

I'm so proud of you and your sister for sticking with it as long as you did on Wednesday. At least your HIIT workout went better! Awesome job! Keep it up!

Thank you so much for the kind words and support! This group is amazing :)
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    I woke up so stiff this morning from yesterday's workout! Not so sure there is anything "EZ" about the Fire 55 EZ class.

I managed to drag myself to do a half day's work at the lab (I'm a graduate student), then I went grocery shopping. After vegging out on the couch for an hour, I forced myself to push play- and then I was on fire! Tonight was the 3rd Fire 30 class for me, and I was comfortable enough to skip the "new to class option". I'm happy to say that I kept up very well, and weirdly enough I feel really relaxed and energized now despite feeling so tired this morning. :bigsmile:

Core 20 + Stretch 40 tomorrow, both are new to me.
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    I did Core 20 and Stretch 40 this evening. Week 1 is now over!
  • Jovan0609
    Options
    I did Core 20 and Stretch 40 this evening. Week 1 is now over!

Way to go chica!!! Love your dedication to the program!