Day 9 - General Discussion

Day 9 - General Discussion

Today I would like to have a general discussion of anything you're running into in your weight loss journey.

One thing I'm definitely noticing is that weight loss does not get easier as you continue to lose. I've hit one significant plateau, and I incorporated weights into my routine to break that. Although my weight loss has slowed down significantly, I'm continuing to push through. My body wants to hang on to this weight and not let it go, but I'm not going to let it do it!

Does anyone have anything that you would like to share in regards to things you're noticing as you progress through this journey?

Also FYI...our next weigh in is Day 14 so get ready!

Xo, Brittny

Replies

• Im noticing that if I weigh myself one day and the number isnt what I want it to be, I get discourage and thrown off track. Its best to stick with a "weigh in day" and not keep weighing yourself every single day. Its becoming an obsession for me and I dont think thats healthy, so I commiting to one day a week and asking my husband to hide the scale from me until the night before im scheduled to weigh in. Im staying focused on my eating and working out and NOT the numbers on the scale.
  • beccaanne78
    beccaanne78 Posts: 15 Member
    I think that is my biggest challenge so far as well. I am getting frustrated not seeing the scale move much when I feel like I have worked my tail off, but I am trying to focus one day at a time.
  • Im noticing that if I weigh myself one day and the number isnt what I want it to be, I get discourage and thrown off track. Its best to stick with a "weigh in day" and not keep weighing yourself every single day. Its becoming an obsession for me and I dont think thats healthy, so I commiting to one day a week and asking my husband to hide the scale from me until the night before im scheduled to weigh in. Im staying focused on my eating and working out and NOT the numbers on the scale.

I catch myself doing this same thing sometimes! Then I go crazy when my weight fluctuates up or down by a pound or 2!
  • I think that is my biggest challenge so far as well. I am getting frustrated not seeing the scale move much when I feel like I have worked my tail off, but I am trying to focus one day at a time.

Yes!!! Push through because it will eventually move! One day at a time! One pound at a time!
  • I agree, just keep pushing...thats my note to self and others, the only way to fail is to quit
  • My body does not like cardio ONLY!!! (It never has) So this week I started weight training HARD!!! I love the way I feel, and I think I will get better results this way. That being said...

How do you deal with the frustration of gaining weight after weight training? I seem to not want to work out again!! (I'm kidding... I'll go back to in tomorrow)
  • jen6137
    jen6137 Posts: 5 Member
    Ok, had girls night tonight which was my night off. Served healthy options. Salad, hummus, baked low carb tortillas, etc, but I'm sure the wine killed it...