Day 4 - Rest Day or something else

Options
telcochik
telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
Today, according to the basic Combat schedule, is supposed to be a rest day but I had so much fun doing Combat 45 yesterday that I decided to do it again today.

Happy to say the scale looks like it's moving in the right direction. For 30 days I'm experimenting by eliminating wheat (along with a rededication to eating zero processed foods). I read the Wheat Belly Diet book and it had some interesting things to say about what wheat can do to your body plus for years I've noticed that whenever I eat pasta I see a gain on the scale the next day no matter the portion size. I haven't changed anything else about my diet and still eat oatmeal and other grains like quinoa, brown rice, amaranth, etc. on a limited basis. I've been gaining/losing the same 5 - 7 lbs for about a year now and so I'm hoping to push through those pounds and start working my way back to the 150s.

Replies

• Corinne_S
    Options
    HIIT - 2 for me! More burpees (boo), but they were slower and I could keep up (hoorah!).

Well done with wheat - it's a pretty difficult food to cut out because it is in so many things!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I did get my workout in last night, but it was around 9:30pm before I was able to get it in. Had a dinner request from my youngest, and after that we had to get to dance class. Anyway I really enjoyed Combat 60, probably not as much as 45. It is a workout that will grow on me though once I get the moves down. :wink: I was in my HR zone through the whole workout. I would consider this one more of a steady state, even though Dan does refer to circuit in one section. So far there isn't one workout that I have not either liked or loved. :wink: I'm doing the Supreme Warrior roation, so that is why I didn't have a rest day.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good to know about Combat 60. I'm looking forward to trying that one...maybe next week instead of the first rest day.