I'm restarting today!

Options
Alioops831
Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
I thought about doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred for January, but I'm just not feeling it too much. I miss Chalene! I'm trying to decide if I want to do the program again the regular way or do the Lean for Life version. What do you all think?

Replies

• Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    The lean for life definitely mixes up the routine. I guess it depends on your goal. If you want to maintain do lean for life, if you want to build or strengthen some more than start over and go heavier.
    Is your husband starting too?
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I'm not married.

I definitely want to lose more, not maintain where I'm at.
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I've decided to do the Lean for Life, but add in 30 Day Shred on the non-strength training days. I just did Burn 1 for the first time in over 3 months and I'm already sooooo sore. :( and :)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am in the 2nd week of the Lean phase, and I have started wondering what to do when I finish this phase. I think I will try the Lean for Life schedule but bump it up by adding in some of my other workouts too.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this back in November when my round ended. I did one week of Lean for Life and then decided I didn't like it-because basically you do the same 3 workouts for a month and it seemed to be disjointed to me to do 1 from each. Then I started over, but am doing Insanity Cardio w/the Chalean workouts. I'm glad I did start over because going back to Burn was tough after not doing it for a few months, and of course you can use heavier weights , and it somehow all feels new again. I'm in mid-Push now :)

Good luck!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm not married.

I definitely want to lose more, not maintain where I'm at.

Sorry! I must have gotten two of my pals mixed up that are doing ChaLean and were starting over. She was going to start over because her husband was going to start for the first time!
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking a lot about what I'll do next, and I really miss TJ. So I think I'll do the CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I do the three main workouts , alternated with running.
  • pensgal
    pensgal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started Monday! I had finished Insanity and had been maintaining w/ those workouts 4 times a week when I decided to do Chalean Extreme. But I have to say - I hate the band!!! I need to invest in some weights! I seem to be adjusting all the time to add weight and add resistance and then I'm rushing! Any advice or workout buddies would be a GREAT help. Good luck everyone!
  • amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I seem to be adjusting all the time to add weight and add resistance and then I'm rushing! Any advice or workout buddies would be a GREAT help. Good luck everyone!

I also use the bands. Do you have multiple bands? I used to have a triple set that only had one handle and I had to switch between them all the time. It was annoying. I purchased a second medium weight band so that I didn't have to adjust all the time.

The other thing I do is I hit the pause button between the exercises. It gives me the chance to pick up the right band, get it mostly adjusted and then start back up again. I use the printable workout sheets to record what I used the previous week and then I can mostly gauge what to use this week.
  • pensgal
    pensgal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 4 bands. I also started pausing to get ready. It still seems that the bands dont create resistance sometimes - like while doing lunges? I am making the most of it and trying hard so I will continue that until I purchase the weights I want. Thanks for the feedback! How long have you been doing it? Results?
    Good luck everyone!!