Breast milk cookies

Options
Has anyone ever tried making cookies that increase your milk supply?

Any recipies?

Is Brewers yeast the same as yesat?

Brewers yeast vitamins are they the same as ground?

Replies

• Hey Brandy !
    Here are some recipes for breast milk cookies to help increase your milk supply
    BOTH use brewers yeast

- http://www.food.com/recipe/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-lactation-cookies-by-noel-trujillo-192346

- http://www.justbreastfeeding.com/low-milk-supply/lactation-cookies-increase/

And here's some information on brewers yeast vs nutritional yeast

Yeast is a one celled organism. It is often used in baking to increase the size of breads. Yeast consumes sugars and gives off carbon dioxide, a process called fermentation. There are many types of yeasts; yeasts for baking, brewing beer, and nutritional yeast, which has added vitamins for vegetarian consumption.
    Nutritional Yeast
    According to the American Dietetic Association, nutritional yeast is designed for vegans and vegetarians to supplement vitamins that are lacking in their diet due to not eating meat and animal products. Nutritional yeast is a yeast that is often grown on molasses, sugar beets or wood pulp, to absorb Vitamin B-12 and protein. The yeast is then added to food as a supplement. Nutritional yeast becomes deactivated during the process and is not considered active, and cannot ferment to produce carbon dioxide as do traditional baking yeasts.
    How to Use
    Nutritional yeast is described as having a nutty or cheesy flavor. Due to this strong nutty, cheesy flavor, it is often ideally supplemented in place of cheese in vegan recipes. Nutritional yeast is typically sold as a flake or granule and can easily be added to any dish to add protein and Vitamin B-12.
    Brewers Yeast
    In the book, "Foods Experimental Perspectives," brewers yeast is described as being a live yeast used in the process of brewing beer. Alternatively, brewers yeast can also be defined as the inactive yeast obtained after the brewing process that has gained B vitamins from the grain used in beer. This yeast can also be used as a dietary supplement for the addition of the B complex vitamins. Brewer's yeast does not have vitamin B-12, as does nutritional yeast.
    How to Use
    Brewers yeast can be purchased as flakes, powder, a liquid, and as a tablet. Similar to nutritional yeast, brewer’s yeast can be added to any food to add nutritional value in the form of B Vitamins.
    Which to Choose
    Nutritional yeast is the better choice for vegans and vegetarians because of the supplementation of B-12 that is often lacking in their diets. Brewer’s yeast can be used by anyone who is interested in adding extra B vitamins to her diet, with the exception of vitamin B-12.
    References
    American Dietetic Association: Vegetarian Glossary of Terms
    “Foods Experimental Perspectives”; Margaret McWilliams; 2008.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/176197-what-is-the-difference-between-brewers-yeast-nutritional-yeast/#ixzz2HgVaSuJl

And as for your last question. I am sorry but I really don't understand it. If there's any other way I can try and help to get you the information you need please message or post on here again !

Would LOVE to know how your cookies come out and if you feel a change in your milk supply !
    I've read about moms who eat these types of cookies with brewers yeast
    and they produce up to 9 oz of breast milk rather than 4-6 !!!
    Good luck !

Has anyone ever tried making cookies that increase your milk supply?

Any recipies?

Is Brewers yeast the same as yesat?

Brewers yeast vitamins are they the same as ground?
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So over the weekend I made a batch of cookies. I would say that they helped increase my milk. by about 2 oz. They are pretty yummy to.
  • Nice. What kind were they ??
    Recipe you used ?
    So over the weekend I made a batch of cookies. I would say that they helped increase my milk. by about 2 oz. They are pretty yummy to.
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    They are like oatmeal chocolate chip

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies by Noel Trujillo
    By BridgetMarie on October 26, 2006

Photo by jugglingmom4
    49 Reviews Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 27 mins Serves: 54, Yield: 4.5 dozen About This Recipe
    "This recipe is great for mothers who are breastfeeding. It helps to keep your milk supply up or increase your milk supply. Use more brewers yeast and oatmeal if you are wanting to increase your milk supply. You can use more chocolate chips if you like or any kind of chips."
    Ingredients
    1 cup butter 1 cup sugar 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 4 tablespoons water 2 tablespoons flax seed meal 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 3 cups oats 1 cup chocolate chips 2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast Directions
    Preheat oven to 350°.
    Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
    Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
    Add eggs and mix well.
    Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
    Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
    Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
    Stir in oats and chips.
  • Oh, the first link I sent you ! :)
    I wasnt sure If you found another recipe, or if you tried one of the links I had suggested. I am so glad to see it's increasing your milk supply.. seen any changes since you started eating them ?
    Still up by 2 oz like u said ??
    They are like oatmeal chocolate chip

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies by Noel Trujillo
    By BridgetMarie on October 26, 2006

Photo by jugglingmom4
    49 Reviews Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 27 mins Serves: 54, Yield: 4.5 dozen About This Recipe
    "This recipe is great for mothers who are breastfeeding. It helps to keep your milk supply up or increase your milk supply. Use more brewers yeast and oatmeal if you are wanting to increase your milk supply. You can use more chocolate chips if you like or any kind of chips."
    Ingredients
    1 cup butter 1 cup sugar 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 4 tablespoons water 2 tablespoons flax seed meal 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 3 cups oats 1 cup chocolate chips 2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast Directions
    Preheat oven to 350°.
    Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
    Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
    Add eggs and mix well.
    Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
    Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
    Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
    Stir in oats and chips.