Looks like I found a keeper when I wasn't looking!

Options
Marc713
Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
I met a sweet Venezuelan gal a few weeks ago when I was out at 13 Celsius (a nice wine bar in Houston). I was closing out my tab when the lady next to me was snapping a photo of two of her girlfriends. I, being the nice guy I am, offered to take a photo so they could capture one of all of them. Afterwards I introduced myself since I was still waiting on the bar tender. Aura was the one that captured my attention…at first I thought she said her name as Ira, which I thought was odd for a Latin woman’s name, but later discovered it was Aura, and her accent and rolling her R’s is what made it sound different. When I was walking back out to the courtyard where my group was, I glanced back and she was smiling big at me so I decided I should go back in and talk to her some more. A few minutes later I went back in & got a glass of water and talked to her for a few minutes and got her number.

After a few dates, hanging out with her & her friends, he hanging out with me & my friends, she’s one of the sweetest, most genuine people I’ve met in my area in quite a while. Honestly, I’ve started getting a little jaded with dating here in Houston and I honestly didn’t have any intension of meeting anyone, I was just out to see a couple of friends I haven’t seen in weeks as well as out with my best friend that accompanied me out. I guess there is something to the whole “you’ll meet someone when you aren’t looking” cliché.

I’ve been a pretty darn happy guy, but it’s amazing how meeting someone you have mutual chemistry with, and seems to give back all the good energy you are putting in yourself can amplify that happiness and make it so much better.

Replies

• Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It seems that's how it normally works.
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I really need to stop looking. :-(

Good for you OP!!!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Jockey...I haven't dated in the past year nor was I even remotely interested. It seemed the moment I stopped dating a year ago, that's when I started getting approached and flirted with on a regular basis.

The rules of attraction are so fickle. Just be happy, be yourself, and regarldless of what everyone else says, be a nice guy.

...Says the single 39 year old guy with no woman in his life...bahahaha.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!!! They say that is when it happens......... so I am giving that a shot (the not looking part)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Latin American women are the ticket! Good stuff!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

Unless you're a Latin American man and then it's combustible material.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Unless you're a Latin American man and then it's combustible material.

LOL
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Happy for ya, Marc!!!

It is sooooo true. My last long term relationship started like that. I had no desire to be in one, and along the boyfriend came. lol.

Now that I am actually wanting to be in a relationship, I am having no luck. Ha!