I need more Paleo/Primal Friends

Options

Replies

• IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Neverstray..... Ask Away........... HEHE I Rhymed!
  • Nyjae
    Nyjae Posts: 4
    Options
    Primal here. I've been doing this for a month and am down 11 lbs so far. I'm feeling sooo much better!

I added a few of you as friends, but I got called away in the middle, so please feel free to add me.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Neverstray..... Ask Away........... HEHE I Rhymed!

Hahaha. Well, I don't knwo where to start. Just reading all about it first and getting things straight.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am new to Primal/Paleo. I am easing in my giving up sugar & wheat this month. SO far so good.
  • Theycallithogging
    Options
    Do you mind if I add you all as friends? I am new to MFP and relatively new to Paleo.

Back story: have avoided carbs for a couple of years now but am amping it up a notch to also exclude dairy. I am incorporating ADF/ IF into the deal and have just completed my 2nd 34-hr fast for the week. Looking forward to some eggs this morning!

I'm 40years, female, a mother, 5'9.5

No scales but thigh measurement is 22 and waist is 29. Hoping to lose an inch or two from both.

Looking forward to the support and advice!
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • snikrepirb
    snikrepirb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could use more Primal/Paleo friends too. :-) I'm just starting out with this way of eating, I've only been doing this a month and still figuring things out. I'm loving it so far!
  • LittleTrollCupcake
    Options
    I'm on Day 11 of my Whole30. Anybody add me if you'd like. :)
  • Shane37301
    Shane37301 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been on paleo for almost 6 months now.

Feel free to add me (anyone).
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Go you on day 11 of Whole 30! You're over 30% of the way! Time seems to really fly on this, especially after halfway through.
  • LittleTrollCupcake
    Options
    You're right, the longest days were Days 1-5! Now it's just coasting. :)

I just wanted to add, for anybody new... whether you stick with paleo or not, it's great giving it a try every now and again. Whether it's just eating paleo or doing a Whole30, something in my diet completely changes without me trying every time. My last Whole30 got me addicted to lemon water and off of artificially sweetened tea completely. I no longer die over or even want pasta or bread, which I never thought was possible. I love cheese, I do... but I had it on my Chipotle bowl a couple weeks ago after nixing it for a year, and I literally gagged and had to toss it all.

I think this Whole30 I'm practicing better habits while dining out and actually asking that my food not be cooked with oil or butter. I'm also cutting out condiments this time, which I've never done on paleo.

So baby steps! It doesn't have to be overwhelming.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too!! been paleo for 12 weeks now :flowerforyou:
  • hothotpot
    Options
    Hi everyone! Please feel free to add me, too! I definitely need some more paleo/low-carb friends!

I've been dabbling with paleo for about the past 2 months, with some slip-ups here and there. Right now I am on day 5 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox, and I am going strong!
  • misteraa
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've been on Primal since I got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes just over a month ago.

Since then, I have lost a stone, and my blood sugar readings are all normal.

It's a great way of eating, and I feel 100 times better than even a month ago.
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just started eating strict Paleo on Jan 1st! Feeling good, although my weight has been stagnant this past week. I'm sure my body is just getting used to the change. I will likely be adding cheese back into my diet in February as long as my body will still tolerate it :)

Would love some paleo support! Seeing everything I can't eat on my other friends diaries is such a tease!

I am 5’6.5” and 26 years old
    HW: around 232 lbs
    CW: 184.5 lbs
    UGW: 155 lbs
  • simplystacy83
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as well! I was Paleo for about 2 months and lost 27 pounds. Recently I fell off the wagon through the holidays but now I'm back on and going strong and have lost 6 of those pounds! I love Paleo!

I'm 5'7 & also have PCOS (but not for long)
    HW 216
    SW 203
    CW 197 (out of the 200's!)
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would love some new friends, too! While I am going for weight loss, I'm at a weight that I'd be comfortable at for the rest of my life. What I'm hoping for is to start feeling more alive and less addicted to sugars and processed JUNK!
    I am am other of 4 (ranging from almost 9 months to 7 1/2 years) and we homeschool and are involved in scouts. We aren't the little quaint family you're probably imagining, though. ;) I'm lazy, emotional, and dying for a mom's night out at least one a week. :)

Anyway - I started the 21 Day Sugar Detox and am currently on day 3. I'm vlogging about it too on Youtube (JennsRAQ) so I can look back and see how it was and compare it all. I'm sharing it to keep myself accountable!

I'd love some friends on here that are Primal or Paleo for sure.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for almost 2 years and have lost 100lbs.. Since I went thru menopause this last March my metabolism has stopped! Ive gained 20lbs and need to get a jump start back to losing and feeling better! I am starting Paleo on Feb 1st as I want time to research and see what Im supposed to eat and not eat! Also creating a plan to find grain-free beef! I am getting a better understanding although still have questions. I would love some Paleo/Primal friends so please feel free to add me~!

HW 265
    CW 185
    GW 145
  • katieharrellcapo
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been paleo/primal for 1.5 years. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. My primal lifestyle helped me lose fat and lead me to discover kettlebells, which I'm now certified as an instructor. I'm also getting my master's degree in music.

Here's me:
    Female
    5'6"
    HW: 210 (172 when I started primal)
    CW: 160-163
    GW: 145-150

I'm experimenting with carb cycling in the evening, so my journals will reflect that. I don't do dairy except for ghee - I'm highly intolerant. Feel free to message me about anything - food, fitness, music, anything! I'm super friendly!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the Paleo/Primal way of eating.
    I have gluten/wheat allergies,so I thought i would give it go!

I'm trying to go with the Primal way of eating.

I am hoping to shed the last bit of weight I'd like to lose, and to feel strong and healthy!

Feel free to add me!:smile: