New here!

Options
freckles_cmj
freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
I'm new to MFP but not new to being a vegetarian. I just got Dr. Mcdougall's book on maximum weight loss and am about to begin the transition to vegan. I have tried and fallen off the proverbial wagon before, but really hoping to make it stick this time. I am looking for friends for encouragement, recipe sharing, etc. I know I can't do this alone...I am doing it for me but I need some help along the way

Replies

• barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I haven't made the switch but loved the movie! It's just so hard to change 43 years of habits.....
  • Poss25
    Poss25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this group.

I am from Australia and am looking for support and encouragement with a vegan/nutritarian life style.

I have been following this loosely for about 2 1/2 years. I have occasional eggs and have (I must confess) eaten chicken and fish about 4 times each this year.

Mostly I follow a very healthy diet but struggle to find the time for food preparation and new, tasty ideas. I also find it tiresome to try to log the calories as I tend to make my recipes up "on the go" - grabbing whatever is in the fridge or pantry and throwing it all into the pressure cooker. The food is yummy but seems repetitive.

I have lost almost 4 kgs (which is very slow) and have 14.5 kgs to go to goal.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Cheers
  • DazzlnDiva
    Options
    OMG, I'm so glad I found this group! I've just purchased forks over knives and I have switched to a vegan diet. I hope someone can help me with advise.
  • EmilyJZ
    EmilyJZ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

My name is Emily. I am new to mfp. I watched fok a while back on Netflix after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I thought it was a great documentary and I thought their arguments for a plant based diet made a lot of sense. I am hoping to get meal advice and help transitioning to a plant based diet. I have significantly reduced my meat and dairy intake but cheese and fast food over my lunch hour are my weeknesses. I am hoping to find strategies to combat these weaknesses and make a complete transition to a plant based diet
  • jenniferrr127
    jenniferrr127 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, all.

I'm new to MFP and this group. I am 25 years old and am working on a mostly plant-based diet. For an exercise regimen, Insanity is my base.

Nice to meet you all!

Jenn
  • KetsyBaby
    KetsyBaby Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    New to this group but definitely going to be Vegan forever. I am new to the vegan lifestyle and still trying to find good places to shop, great recipes to make, and good books to read. Any suggestions would be fabulous. I am also looking for friends for my support network and would love to add you.

:heart: Please Add ME To Your Friends Support Team, I am looking for like minded individuals who are at the beginning, middle, or near goal in their journey to help me stay motivated and positive. I love a great sense of humor! I have a long road ahead of me, and need a good network of friends. :heart:

Ketsy
    40, Female
    GTA, Ontario, CANADA
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    New to this group but definitely going to be Vegan forever. I am new to the vegan lifestyle and still trying to find good places to shop, great recipes to make, and good books to read. Any suggestions would be fabulous. I am also looking for friends for my support network and would love to add you.

:heart: Please Add ME To Your Friends Support Team, I am looking for like minded individuals who are at the beginning, middle, or near goal in their journey to help me stay motivated and positive. I love a great sense of humor! I have a long road ahead of me, and need a good network of friends. :heart:

Ketsy
    40, Female
    GTA, Ontario, CANADA

Ketsy, check out happyherbivore.com and fat free vegan for some recipes. I got the happy herbivore cookbooks and they are great...and most of them are super fast and easy to prepare!