JANUARY-"what do you want from 2013"

Options
So, welcome to Too young & Too Overweight"

Im not really sure if anyone will join this but I'm really stuck for a diet buddy, i've been using myfitnesspal for a while now and I've come to the point when I need some motivation.

So this year is a big year for me, I'm studying, need to sort a new job, last year i lost 30 lbs and this is the year i either finish off what I started and get to my goal (p.s before my sisters big wedding in july ....IN GREECE.....ON A BEACH ) or I stay as the fat kid, the fat cousin, the fat friend, the fat one in a dress.

So this year I was a lot of things, but to get somewhere with my weight would be a dream to start everything else.

Replies

• missaasha00
    Options
    Girl we can do it! I read your profile and giggled because I too want to be one of those people that are going for a run for fun! I actually enjoy working out once I drag my butt to the gym but the struggle is me getting there. Well, I can proudly say I went 4 times last week! We can do it! Stay motivated and encouraged. If we want to be like a healthy person we have to act like one....say no to junk food and seconds for starters, I have two 3 pound dumbells in my living room and I periodically pick them up or do jumping jacks or walk around the house.

I weigh 220 and I am 26 years old. the biggest I have been in my life. in 2012 I started weighing 190 and got down to 175. I got too happy with my new size that I just went in on the snack and eating watever I want. I am going to exceed my goal of being 175 again. I wear a size 16 and I want to wear a 9/10 or 7/8. I think I havent been that small since kindergarden but I am determined to do it! LOL
  • MTS83
    MTS83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2013 has to be MY year!! I'm tired of being the fat friend, the pretty, but fat girl, also I work in healthcare and it's kind of hard to talk to people about eating healthy and watching their weight when I'm overweight myself! I'm a 29 year old female 5'7 sw 275 (my heaviest) cw 271 and my gw 170. I've set mini goals in between (10% of my body weight every 16-18weeks) , I definitely would love to be 50pounds lighter by my birthday in October. My biggest challenge I think will be getting in my exercise time in, I'm usually exhausted at the end of the day, and to tired to get up early in the mornings, I'll get it together eventually! I really could use some motivation especially with exercising. Evg852, I have a pretty good idea how you feel about the beach, I live on an island surrounded by beaches and I would LOVE to be able to wear a bathing suit and not have to wear a big t-shirt *sigh* But like I said 2013 is my year.
  • corby165
    corby165 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I turn 21 in may & go on holiday at the end of may for two weeks. I have 54lb to lose but I want to lose 34 at least by may as I know 2lb a week is the best way to lose weight heathy. I'm losin inches more than I am lbs but its slowing starting to show on the scales. But it doesn't worry me as muscle weighs more than fat
  • D00zerk39
    Options
    Hi everyone! I came across this group and thought it would be a great place to be. I'm 27, 230 pounds, and I have not found a way to enjoy working out. I would like to put to use the mantra "Lean in '13" but I have a hard time staying motivated to get to the gym, so I don't think I've earned it yet. My will power leaves a lot to be desired. I would love to find some inspiration from people who understand where I'm coming from.
  • corby165
    Options
    I was like u D00zerk39, once I got there got bored. Get a gym buddy so u got someone there to push u along. I go on my own sometimes and when I'm on the treadmill I listen to my mp3 and I push myself all the time to run that little bit more. At all times I am thinking about all the skinny size clothes I can buy and food I can eat without a care in the world (sort of since I yo-yo). Just give your self a goal each time u go to the gym. I got back into skinny jeans now I need them to fit perfect, next will be to make them too big to wear :)
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I joined cause I too NEED to loose weight. I am getting married is September :D But I am in n way happy with my weight. I also want to be an inspiration for my little sister who weighs over 300 pounds :( heart disease and diabetes runs in our family and that scares me. Plus she tends to have high blood pressure. My top weight was 260. I got myself into a very bad relationship about 2 years back when I weighed that. Somewhere along the way in that relationship I discovered exercising on my Wii made me feel a thousand times better and over night I dropped 40 pounds. Shortly after I got tired of the verbal abuse and left. After that I fell off the wagon. I guess I lost my motivation. I was no longer stressed and unhappy. I never put the weight back on but I didn't loose any more either. So here I am stuck at about 220 pounds and my wedding around the corner. My fiancee does all the cooking and meal planning. We basically eat one biggish meal a day for dinner some times I get up and make eggs or instant oatmeal. We would eat more during the day but we honestly just don;t have the money. we have 200 bucks for the month for food and no more. We eat a lot of frozen chicken and frozen veggies. I never get tired of that combo just wish we had more options. I think part of my problem is just no energy. My other problem is I've grown lazy and spoiled by him. regardless I REALLY need the motivation to get up and move again! I bought a new walking DVD after Xmas but haven't used it yet. I've joined other groups but they post twice and go dead. I really want to see this group stay active and hopefully have some one kick me in the *kitten* and make me get over my funk lol! Thanks for the group :) Sorry for rambling.
  • Vixen0921
    Options
    I have been on and off weight loss escapades for the past four years. My daughter is four...the best thing that has ever happened to me, but having her....the Worst!! I gained 65 pounds...and have not gotten it off yet. I want to have more kids but my doctor has already told me that I need to lose weight first in order to have another child or else I will be subject to serious health problems. I'm 34, do you know how devastating that was to me. So, my friend told me about myfitness. I lose motivation very quickly, not remembering that the weight did not come on overnight, so it will not leave overnight. Over the past four years, I have also seen my self esteem decrease, my relationship decrease and my appreciation for things....all related to how I feel about myself and my WEIGHT!!
    This year, I am challenging myself to find the beauty in ALL THINGS, to appreciate my body as a whole and to make baby steps. To enjoy life and every second in it. I need motivation just like the next person, so we must stick together and keep each other encouraged and lifted. Look at yourself in the mirror in the mornings and find that one thing that you are going to focus on that day, and make it SHINE. For me today.....it is my SMILE.
    STAY FOCUSED, STAY STRONG, BE ENCOURAGED....YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
    WE CAN DO THIS 2013 IS OURS
  • loopylass1986
    loopylass1986 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    we can all do this :) im not happy with the chick that looks back at me in the mirror. i have 3 children and my youngest wasnt very kind with how much chub she left me with and hard to shift but this year will be different and i will lose the weight and i wont be the fat person in the family...
  • Can_Change_Natalie
    Can_Change_Natalie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i saw this page and though it was fantastic so many stories shared and great motivation. I myself am on the journey to loosing 45 lb, I was always a chubby child but once i reached 18 / 19 i managed to loose the weight and be happy with my size however when i left home to go travelling 2 years ago the weight has piled on. Its now time to get rid for good and be more confident with my body!

I really hope this page keeps going and we can keep each other motivated! I KNOW WE CAN DO IT 2013 IS OUR YEAR
  • phil2093
    Options
    Hi seems like im the only fat guy on here but o well the others are just going to miss out. so good to keep track of my eating good luck to you all.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    2013 has to be my year. I've always been a big girl (254lbs @ 20yrs old) and currently sitting at 225lbs with a long term goal of getting down to 135/140lbs at some point in the next 12-18months.

I want to be the slim and healthy girl that can run 10km without collapsing in a heap halfway round. My boyfriend is in the army and so is really fit and has a great physique - would be great if we could do gym trips, horse riding and runs together rather than me encourage from the side lines as I'm too embarrassed to join in.

My dad passed away a few weeks ago and I know that deep down he wished that I was happy with my weight. I know it would mean the world to my mum (and my dad wherever he is now) to have that dream come true.

Feel free to drop me a friend request people!
    We can do it!
  • MTS83
    Options
    2013 has to be my year. I've always been a big girl (254lbs @ 20yrs old) and currently sitting at 225lbs with a long term goal of getting down to 135/140lbs at some point in the next 12-18months.

I want to be the slim and healthy girl that can run 10km without collapsing in a heap halfway round. My boyfriend is in the army and so is really fit and has a great physique - would be great if we could do gym trips, horse riding and runs together rather than me encourage from the side lines as I'm too embarrassed to join in.

My dad passed away a few weeks ago and I know that deep down he wished that I was happy with my weight. I know it would mean the world to my mum (and my dad wherever he is now) to have that dream come true.

Feel free to drop me a friend request people!
    We can do it!

I wish had a military man to help me with exercises lol lol
  • evg852
    evg852 Posts: 9
    Options
    OK, so im only on the 3rd reply but im so shocked and excited i had to shout out to everyone that has written something,

totally feeling bad now because i just had a bit of flan after a good day!

i need to find a way to get an alert on my phone i didnt know anyone had replied!!!

WOOOO GO YOU LOT!

im going to carry on reading now
  • evg852
    Options
    Yesterday at work i asked a college to pick something of the floor for me, no joke! i said i had gained a little excess.. and he interrupted me with "comfort holiday handles" yes in other words fat hanging over my jeans, and i was gutted because even though he actually made it sound ok ... its not, there are loads of us on here that have started our stories with " ive so far lost blahblah" or last year i managed to loose blahblah ...so we can all do, and the imortant thing is that we want to do it otherwise we wouldnt have signed up to this amazing app/site.

So i have a mission for us, which i was planning on trying to do SOMETIME this week anyway, i think it may tie in with some peoples stories that mentions bored of the same food,

have a heathy breakfast tomorrow i.e TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY to wait for the others if they dont see it in time, and then dont snack on junk food till lunch, now ovcourse its up to you if you want to keep going LIKE WE SHOULD, but then we can come back and comment on what we had, feel proud and part of a group..... and get ideas off each other

So im rambling, see what you think??? and ideas or comments ??
  • evg852
    Options
    Hi everyone! I came across this group and thought it would be a great place to be. I'm 27, 230 pounds, and I have not found a way to enjoy working out. I would like to put to use the mantra "Lean in '13" but I have a hard time staying motivated to get to the gym, so I don't think I've earned it yet. My will power leaves a lot to be desired. I would love to find some inspiration from people who understand where I'm coming from.

IM EXACLY THE SAME, the only way i can do any exercise is with a friend and at the moment all my friends are at uni, ive got all the workout dvd's under the sun, i got the whole jillian boxset before x mas and tried it for about 6 minuets and got bored! ive been a member to two different gyms in the past year and just waste £40 a month and dont go !!! i think the best thing it to plan a day and time you will go in the future week so you know your going and go, do what you can, then do another 5 minuets for force then try again the next week, hahah she says after saying i never go!!!! it seems like a good plan in my head!
  • corby165
    Options
    Think we should every week we take it in turns to write a challenge each and we all do that challenge n give input on what we though of it if it worked etc. like say starting from Monday everyone do 100 sit ups a day. Then we will be helpin each other to be movatived n lose inches n that.

What do yas think?
  • MTS83
    Options
    Think we should every week we take it in turns to write a challenge each and we all do that challenge n give input on what we though of it if it worked etc. like say starting from Monday everyone do 100 sit ups a day. Then we will be helpin each other to be movatived n lose inches n that.

What do yas think?

I love that idea!
  • evg852
    Options
    i think that is great, im really hoping we can get lots of people to join in and we can all help each other !!! ive got lots of faith on this!!!

Shall we start on sit ups or healthy breakfast and do sits ups from monday, i really need some recommendations on different healthy breakfast because i normally skip this if i cant load myself up with biscuits and tea or crumpets!!!!

Other than this, hows everyones week going? Anyone want to share some healthy or unhealthy stories
    xx E
  • MTS83
    Options
    i think that is great, im really hoping we can get lots of people to join in and we can all help each other !!! ive got lots of faith on this!!!

Shall we start on sit ups or healthy breakfast and do sits ups from monday, i really need some recommendations on different healthy breakfast because i normally skip this if i cant load myself up with biscuits and tea or crumpets!!!!

Other than this, hows everyones week going? Anyone want to share some healthy or unhealthy stories
    xx E

I usually have cereal with soy milk and a fruit for breakfast. But generally you would want a serving of carbs, a serving or protein and a fruit
  • Vixen0921
    Options
    Lets do it....I was horrible today. Maybe if I am challenged, then I will stick to it better.