Level 2, Circuit 2, Ab Move Question

Options
muzio
muzio Posts: 35 Member
Question about this exercise.

Are the legs supposed to go straight up and down or swing side to side? She doesn't really explain it in the video. I know she talks about the obliques and "swinging", which makes me think we're supposed to go side-to-side , but it's pretty hard to tell from watching the video. I figured I'd see if you guys could clarify.

Is there a name for this move so I can look it up some place else?

The exercise I'm talking about starts at about 17:15 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdJ9jJv594

Thanks and happy shredding!

Replies

• CakeyBakey
    CakeyBakey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Agreed, it's a bit confusing. I've been going centre, left side, centre, right side etc. Think that should cover all the muscle groups!
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Think it's oblique twists? That's what JM calls it, you are meant to have your feet facing right while your arms face left then jump so it is visa versa, feet left and arms right. It's a tough move but it does get easier with practice. I used to struggle with them myself as its so knackering!
  • muzio
    muzio Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Think it's oblique twists? That's what JM calls it, you are meant to have your feet facing right while your arms face left then jump so it is visa versa, feet left and arms right. It's a tough move but it does get easier with practice. I used to struggle with them myself as its so knackering!

Oh I've figured out the oblique twists, but that's the cardio move -- I'm talking the ab exercise from the same circuit where you're lying on your back and moving your legs. Wondering if you move em up and down or side-down-side?
  • fwilson1031
    Options
    I think side to side... it hurts when I do it that way, so it must be right?! :grumble: