Looking for people for 'challenges'

Options
anthophora
anthophora Posts: 74 Member
I am new to this but would like to lose about 30-35 pounds. I am looking for people to keep me motivated and 'honest'. I would be interested in short weekly (or twice a month) challenges. I would also love to hear ideas on work-outs and quick, healthy recipes. I love intense workouts and want to be in good enough shape for some mountain bike races this summer and maybe a racquetball tournament or two.

Replies

• FootPatrol
    Options
    I have a buddy that is a runner, and over 2 years ago when I quit smoking, he signed me up for a trail run. It was intimidating, and hard, but I got so much out of it. After that, I signed up for a themed obstacle mudrun with my lady and some friends. We had a blast. Then I found out about Tough Mudder, a 12 mile obstacle mudrun. I did that last Feb. and am signed up to do another next month. I also do 5k's.
    The act of signing up for events and putting them on the calendar motivate me so much to get ready for them, its very effective for me. I get that mudruns aren't for everyone, or running for that matter. I'm 265lbs and hate running, but I love the way I feel after a good run. So whether its a bike race, 5/10k, mudrun, trail race, just sign up for something. You don't have to compete against anyone but yourself. And enjoy the experience.