Welcome! :)

Options
nadiawilder
nadiawilder Posts: 18 Member
Come join in and discuss how are faith and fitness are intertwined! 1 Tim. 4:7-8 says, “Take the time and the trouble to keep yourself spiritually fit.” I believe we must apply the same principle to our physical fitness, too.

Join along on the journey.

Replies

• scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I so need to get this book again from the library and finally get the chance to finish it.
  • memorris01
    Options
    I have the book but haven't read it yet. I did read "Reshaping it all" and enjoyed it. So I'm looking forward tot his one as well.
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Joining a life group at church that is doing this book, so I will be starting it in a couple weeks. I'm excited
  • mavmav
    mavmav Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi :) Saw this group as I was looking through the groups. I am not really new to fitnesspal, I just have not logged in for about a year or so. I was extremely happy to find a faith group. :) I am starting day 1 on my path to loose 25 lbs. I started my career as a nurse in December and want to get healthy for my patients and for myself. I am relying on God to help me because I know I will fade away on this path in about a month or so. :)
  • ladywendolyn
    ladywendolyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi girls,
    Glad to find you here. My name is Wendy and I am a Canadian. I am an active minister, and a writer and love working with women. I have 20 pounds to lose and this website is awsome. I may post some inspiring quotes etc. to keep us going. So glad to meet you all...
  • ReneeBackSewell
    ReneeBackSewell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I read day 3 of the 60 day devotional today and it really spoke to me. Am I walking in obedience or looking to the results of the scale for my happiness?
  • curelupus
    Options
    I borrowed the book from the library at the beginning of the month but found it on Amazon and downloaded it onto my kindle for $2.99 earlier this week. I think it's back to it's original price now. I haven't finished reading it yet but I am enjoying what I have read. Looking forward to both the spiritual and physical journey.

Renee
  • nadiawilder
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Wow! What an encouragement to see you all here this morning!

I absolutely LOVE the Made to Crave book and accompanying devotionals. I devoured it in about three days.

There is a 21 day AND 60 day devotional available via Kindle.

I think that Lysa is so on target with THIS being the proverbial "missing key" in our weight loss efforts. We are quick to both repent and ask for help in all the others area of our lives that we struggle with, but most of us believe we have to carry this food struggle on our own and that simply isn't true!
  • mom1520
    mom1520 Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi. Happy to find this group. I'm on day 15 of the 21 Day Made the Crave devotional and feel like by doing this through Jesus I'm going to be successful for the first time. For example, one day I was coming up with all sorts of excuses as to why I wasn't going to workout one day, and when I opened my devotional it was about making excuses and I got my butt right up and did my workout.

I'm also doing the Daniel Fast for the month of January with my husband and it's going great. I feel healthier and more energized. Looking forward to getting to know folks in the group. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • maggie027
    maggie027 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm excited to read this book and get to know all of you better.

I've started many diets, but do find it is hard to ask God for help in this area. I know there is shame attached to the weight struggle for me. It's time to invite the LORD into this journey and see what He has to show me!

Praying for you!
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I was invited to join with you all by sycthswife and I am so glad to be here. This weight loss thing has not bee going well for me and I've been at it for as long as I can remember, like 15 years:( I downloaded the book to my Kindle and trying to read it but have not been successful. Hope this helps get my butt moving in more way than one. Looking forward to discovering with you all! Friend me if you'd like, I could use all the encouragement I could possibly get right now!
  • nadiawilder
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! So glad you are all here! :)
  • ASLacey
    Options
    Hello, I'm Lacey. I'm brand new to myfitnesspal, but not to dieting!
    I love Lysa's books and was so happy to find a group of Jesus Girls!
    I've got a long way to go to get to goal, but I'm going to focus on the journey this time so I don't miss the lessons I'm supposed to learn on the way ... so that when I do get back to goal this time, I won't turn around and put it all back on ...

Happy Friday, everyone!
  • nadiawilder
    Options
    Hi Lacey! Welcome Welcome! :)
  • evermoore
    Options
    I found this site a month ago. I kept meaning to use it, but like healthy eating, it just didn't happen. Tonight was the first night of a growth group at my church...Made to Crave...and I thought...hmnm...I wonder if there's anything that follows it on myfitnesspal. Well...look what I found! So tomorrow I will begin to use this site...and look forward to getting to know others that are in this group as well. I'm unsure if anyone still is here...it seems the posts are older...so ifffffff you're out there, let me know how it's going.

God bless always!
  • blessedmom1102
    blessedmom1102 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I just got the book and 60 day devotional in the mail yesterday. I'm very excited to add this to my journey. I believing it will help me stay focused on my journey to get to the place God meant for be to be all along. I'm 28 185 lbs. and only 5'1" . I'm married and we have a 10 yr old autistic son. Feel free to add me!
  • Momof3hree
    Momof3hree Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been reading the book and get the devotionals via email. Im new to myfitnesspall but not to dieting. I want to crave God more than food. Thanks ladies for sharing. Looking forward to the journey.
  • I have read the book 4 times. Ok before you say why? lol I lead this group at my church and about o get it started at a few others. My goal is to get women and men ( yes I have men) to walk closer in the relationship with God, treat their bodies like a temple and really to have a healthy relationship with food. I loved this book and obviously am very passionate about it. I have lost 100 lbs and have a strong belief in not will power but GOD POWER. I just wanted to write and tell you to keep on keepin on.

Philippians 4:13

New International Version (NIV)

13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

I know I couldn't have done it on my own BUT GOD!
  • Merry_Beth
    Merry_Beth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active? :-)