Exercise Routine

Options
vguynes
vguynes Posts: 794 Member
Hello. My exercise rouitine mainly consists of DVD's.

Right now, I'm combining Weider X-Factor 8 Week Program with various Jillian Michael's DVD's (30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Extreme Shred and Shed, 6 Weeks 6 Pack, Killer Buns and Thighs, Fast Kick Kickboxing, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, etc.). I also enjoy walking and combining various othercardio workouts. I'm thinking of adding some gym time to my regular workouts within the next few weeks.

What's your exercise routine? Do you go to the gym? Which DVD's are your favorites? Are you thinking of trying any other workout routines this year?

Replies

• heartaflame
    heartaflame Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. It depends on how I feel (I'm a brain tumor survivor and have adrenal failure as a result). If I have a good bit of energy, I will swim/tread water for 30min, and do 30min on the treadmill. Otherwise, I'll do some treadmill, some weights, the elliptical, or whatever strikes my fancy.
  • rvhorsburgh
    rvhorsburgh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love home DVD's. I have used them for years (Slim in 6 series my FAVE). Now I do mostly the Power Yoga series. I moved in 2011 and the subdivision has a recreation center. I do the Elliptical about 60 minutes a day. Plus weights but not consistently. I still get the Gym feel but it is close, free, and no peer pressure. It also has a racquet ball court that my husband is teaching me (schooling really). The kids have a Wii Fit that I now fully participate (they cream me) plus the exercise routines when they are in school. I was an avid skier until a major accident took that off my list. Now I snowshoe in the winter, which has much more accessibility and much less expensive.

I have a mountain and road bike - so I am really looking forward to hitting it this spring.

I really try to do something strenuous everyday everyday. Even if it is a walk/jog, or shoveling the driveway - I need burn and variety!