What do you do when you're still hungry?

I'm only on day six, but today I've been as hungry as I was on day 2. I wound up eating one of my meals early because the hunger was so distracting, and I've had my optional snack too - all 5 calories of it. All I have left is my Lean and Green, which I'll be eating soon. Yikes.

So - what do you all do when hunger strikes and you're out of meals? Normally I would go for a walk, but we've had a major winter storm here and it is way too cold for me to voluntarily go out.

I'm a writer, and I'm trying to write, but all I can think about is my next meal. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Pan fry up a couple of egg whites. Dash of hot sauce.
  • Stacivogue
    Also, I have nuts -pistachios, 5 at a time.
  • Stacivogue
    If I am hungry....I try to wait until I actually hear my stomach growl.
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    This isn't about starving yourself. For a million different reasons, you might be hungry. If you're hungry and all you can think about is food, your body is telling you to eat. Don't ignore it!!

Just eat something. You can eat a 5 & 2 day or a 6 & 1 day... heck I've done some days where I've eaten 7 or 8 Medifast meals. I get super hungry on my TOM usually.

Snacking on crap like celery doesn't cut it for me. If I get the munchies I tend to snack on cheese. It's filling and delicious and has basically no carbs. I guarantee you 100% that you can lose on Medifast going over their recommended meal plans when you need to. Don't recommend doing it every day, but do it when you're hungry.
  • kimmy6779
    kimmy6779 Posts: 21 Member
    i keep in my frige a few of krogers "carbmaster" yogurts. its only 60 calories and 4 carbs. I eat it slowly and it usually does the trick without doing any damage to my diet.
  • dellamac
    dellamac Posts: 16 Member
    Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration can make you feel hungry too.

As for actually being hungry. Do not starve your self and wait to eat until it is time. Add and extra medifast meal in there or even eat some extra protein. I keep boiled eggs around the house and sliced chicken for days when I am hungrier. Also, I will eat a small side salad or some raw veggies with me lunch. I usually go over in my servings for "greens" every day. To me there is no such thing as to many greens.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    I would look to your water, too.

I can't apply this directly to MF, yet (since I haven't scraped up the cash to start just yet), but I have done things like intermittent fasting (which I did find to work), and I know that it's totally possible to push off the 'hunger' and deal with it. I would a) drink more water, b) have some hot tea, or a diet soda, c) simply distract myself for the short amount of time left until my next meal. I would tell myself that I wasn't actually starving, that I *would* be eating soon, and that really, I'm just fine. And then get busy with something so that I didn't have time to think about it until then.

Good luck, you can do it!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    First of all, keep in mind, that when you alter the program, you alter the results.

That being said, it is not unusual to have a hungry day here or there, in fact, hungry days were signs that my scale was about to move actually.

You can split your L&G and eat half of it earlier in the day.

You can plan to have Egg Beaters on hungry days--because 2 cups of egg beaters is MOUNTAIN of food. Have 1 cup early, and another cup later both times mixed with some veggies.

Be sure to drink a glass of water first, wait 15 minutes and then reevaluate your hunger.

You can eat your whole L&G earlier than you normally do.

Make sure you have your optional snack on hungry days.

Good luck!
  • kiwiwizard
    kiwiwizard Posts: 59 Member
    Sorry to hear your having a miserable hungry day - that bites!! (sorry bad pun :-) I'm hungry most of the time too. Maybe our stomach growls could start their own chorus. I wish my hungry days were like luv2ash - as a sign the scale was about to move (presumably down. . . .) Making sure your drinking enough water per PippaJo is also a great reminder. I found once I started using the MF water infusers I no longer had problems making sure I was getting at least the recommened amount of water. I go for loads of protein when I'm hungry, cottage cheese, chicken, turkey etc 'cos for me it's more filling then just a hard boiled egg or cheese stick which isn't enough by themselves. Probably not much help but know you are supported & i feel your pain :-) Hang in there - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Sorry to hear your having a miserable hungry day - that bites!! (sorry bad pun :-) I'm hungry most of the time too. Maybe our stomach growls could start their own chorus. I wish my hungry days were like luv2ash - as a sign the scale was about to move (presumably down. . . .) Making sure your drinking enough water per PippaJo is also a great reminder. I found once I started using the MF water infusers I no longer had problems making sure I was getting at least the recommened amount of water. I go for loads of protein when I'm hungry, cottage cheese, chicken, turkey etc 'cos for me it's more filling then just a hard boiled egg or cheese stick which isn't enough by themselves. Probably not much help but know you are supported & i feel your pain :-) Hang in there - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Be sure that you are following the plan, 5 mf meals, 1 measured L&G meal, optional snack and 3 condiments and required fat. No extras. Remember, when you alter the plan, you alter the results. If you are eating more than what is on plan, you could very well be allowing your body to come out of fat burning, and that will make you feel hungry because then you body just thinks its on a low calorie diet.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I already use the water / hot herbal tea / diet soda trick, but several of the other ideas will be put to good use on my next hungry day. As it turns out, I came down with the flu the next day, and I wonder if the increased hunger was because my body was trying to fight it off.
  • Drink a big glass of water. But a lot of times you think you are hungry because you are thinking too much about food. Stay busy and keep your mind and hands busy and before you know it, it will be time for you next meal. Hang in there, it's so worth it!!!